SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eld.Dan and Sandi Stepp
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Eld.Dan and Sandi Stepp Reply with quote

Really been running on fumes this week...

Please pray for my Dad n Mom...

Dad fell late Sunday night and broke his hip.

Docs at first thought it wasn't too bad of a fracture and that the surgery and rehab wouldn't be bad at all, just several days. But, the LORD has different plans and the femur, as well as the hip joint was fractured. Now, recovery time for the bone to heal, before Dad can put any weight on it will be 4-6 weeks. Then the real rehab will start, and with Dad being a stroke victim, that lost time without his normal stroke therapies will make it difficult...

LORD willing, we will move him into a Skilled Nursing facility today, and he can start the long process to get back to independence, yet again.

We are constantly reminded of our Dependence upon our Saviour in so many ways... Praise Him for being so Faithful to us frail creatures...

Mom is doing really well, except for the day of surgery, when one piece of bad news seemed to follow another. She's had several panic attacks, and needs all the prayers she can get....

God bless us all and Fear Him!

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: praying and hopefully help.... Reply with quote

I have and will continue to pray for the whole "Stepp" family through this great strain on everyone. If you haven't found a good skilled nursing and re-hab, the people in W.Va's hosp. told me to go to the one on rt.60, they said it was the best by far in all aspects of their program compared to others. I just had to get closer to home and went to Wheelersburg, Oh., because mom only had less than 30 days to live, but they could have probably had me walking at the one everyone suggested on rt. 60, before mom died. I will pray the LORD give you guidance on this as well as his healing touch to your dad and mother, as she takes care of your father. GOD bless you Bro. Matt, and all the Stepps Wink

--------------------------------
" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: forgot...... Reply with quote

When is BCBC's revival and who will be preaching it?

Let us know where you get your father admitted and I will try to visit him sometime next week.

" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ...remember! Reply with quote

jhobbsjr wrote:
When is BCBC's revival and who will be preaching it?

The last weekend of October is our Revival meeting... Thursday, October 29 thru Sunday, November 1... 7:30 nightly, with the Area Fellowship and dinner on Saturday night. Eld.John Lybrook will be preaching each night and Sunday at 11AM...

jhobbsjr wrote:
Let us know where you get your father admitted and I will try to visit him sometime next week.

I just got back from installing him in the Eastbrook Center on Chesterfield Ave, in Kanawha City of Charleston. He's in Room 107...

Thanks again for all that are praying for my parents... God bless you!!!

Fear Him!

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praying for you and your family brother Matt.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: how is your dad doing..... Reply with quote

Matthew Stepp wrote:

jhobbsjr wrote:

I just got back from installing him in the Eastbrook Center on Chesterfield Ave, in Kanawha City of Charleston. He's in Room 107...

Thanks again for all that are praying for my parents... God bless you!!!

Fear Him!

Is your dad doing ok, in his skilled nursing and re-hab facility, and is he feeling any better? ( Still praying )

Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: That's my Dad and That's my GOD...! Reply with quote

He's doing ok... They don't do therapy on weekends, and they moved him Friday night, so Monday will be a big day...

He was in good spirits Saturday and today... Dad is Dad... He don't have any "give up" in him... Just keep praying, and LORD willing, He'll give him the Grace to lick this, too... Lotsa HARD work ahead...

Fear Him!

jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: That's my Dad and That's my GOD...! Reply with quote

Matthew Stepp wrote:
He's doing ok... They don't do therapy on weekends, and they moved him Friday night, so Monday will be a big day...

He was in good spirits Saturday and today... Dad is Dad... He don't have any "give up" in him... Just keep praying, and LORD willing, He'll give him the Grace to lick this, too... Lotsa HARD work ahead...

Fear Him!

Is your dad doing better? Still praying for him and your mom, as well.

Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Keeping on... Reply with quote

Long slow road to recovery, that keeps getting longer... Sad

They had set a second date of possibly discharging him of this coming Friday, but after an evaluation meeting this morning, they pushed it back three weeks to the 31st of December.

Not really what we wanted to hear, but Dad is really not able to go home yet... so, we're gonna grin and bear it...

Dad remains in good spirits, trusting in His GREAT Friend, our LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ. It's really a blessing to hear him pray and the Love and Faith he displays, is awesome...

But, still it's tough on us all, especially Mom. She seems so fragile, now. She's suffering some back problems and her panic attacks remain frequent, just about daily...

Keep on praying! Dad and Mom both sure need 'em...!

Thanks for asking about them, Bro.Jim... God bless us all...

Fear Him!

Myrtis Caudill
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt, We continue to pray for them very often. This is a hard journey that wears the flesh down more than you realize. Sometimes we are just running on adrenaline and it catches up to us eventually. Even though the flesh is weak, our Lord and Savior is strong and He carries us through things that we could not even think about doing ourselves. He is always there holding us and lifting us up through trials. Please tell your parents that we love them, pray for them and would do anything for them. Let us know what they need and if we can help.
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject: What is needed... Reply with quote

Thanks for the heartfelt sympathy, dear Sis.Myrtis!!

Prayers, prayers and more prayers is what is still needed... Dad says that trying to stand and walk again this time (after the broken hip) is the hardest thing he's ever done in his life. Every inch we gain is such an exertion and struggle... To see him try so hard and make such seeming little progress can really be discouraging. But, by God's Amazing Grace, neither he or Mom are giving up!! I can only attribute it to prayer and the Strength of the Almighty!

Praise Him and please keep on praying...

Fear Him!

Myrtis Caudill
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do Bro. Matt. Thanks for the update. Give them hugs from us when you see them.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: i can relate Reply with quote

I can relate to what your dad is going through, Bro. Matt, and I can assure you, I will keep on praying until your dad is walking, free of any pain or anything that keeps him from walking like he used to.

jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: as i thought Reply with quote

After I thought about your father and the healing of his hip, I am praying hard, but it has been only couple of months since he broke his hip, so the LORD is healing him, and we need to pray for more healing and progress. Praise the LORD for what he has done already and will continue to do. I saw what a determined resolve your father has when he preached at Bro. Proctors conference. With that determination and his trust he has for our LORD, I would say he will recover very soon.

Terrie Lewis
Average Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Praying for brother Dan Stepp Reply with quote

We at Landmark Baptist Church in Mercersburg, Pennsylvania have been praying for your Dad. We heard about this at the Bible Conference at Buffalo Valley Baptist Church.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: