SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sis.Geneva Sevy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Sis.Geneva Sevy Reply with quote

Hey Sis.Myrtis,

How's your Mom doing? I haven't heard anything...

Did they replace or repair that heart valve...? Open heart surgery?

I'm hoping no news is good news? We're praying...!

Hope to see y'all soon...

LORD bless and Fear Him!

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Myrtis Caudill
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Matt I haven't gotten on here since mom was in the hospital. She had open-heart valve replacement surgery as well as one graft by-pass and a snip from the top of the aorta. They got her in asap because the tests showed how bad the valve was. Before surgery she was having a hard time breathing, having pain and dizziness. After surgery the first few days she was having a hard time with pain and nausea and had two a-fib episodes but now she seems to be on the uphill side of it and feeling better today. She wasn't eating so they put her on a liquid diet which she is just forcing herself to eat so they don't have to use a feeding tube or pump protein into her veins. She walked twice today with help and a walker. They are keeping her in the cardiac critical care unit so she can get more one on one care than she would on the 6th floor heart unit. Please continue to pray for her. She has a ways to go. She said that it is an awful thing to go through but she was told that she would have a heart attack and wouldn't live until next year if she did not get it done. She wants to be able to take care of dad. The Lord has blessed in so many ways during this time. Little things as well as big things and we are so thankful to Him for his mercy, grace and healing hand. I have been posting on facebook almost every day so you can check updates there too. Love you all.
Myrtis Caudill
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was moved to progressive care Monday afternoon. She is doing much better but still some nausea and a few heart rate problems but meds seem to help with those. Thank you for your prayers. Dad is really tired. He & I go to the hosp. every morning and stay until 8 pm.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: praying.... Reply with quote

Myrtis Caudill wrote:
She was moved to progressive care Monday afternoon. She is doing much better but still some nausea and a few heart rate problems but meds seem to help with those. Thank you for your prayers. Dad is really tired. He & I go to the hosp. every morning and stay until 8 pm.

Sis. Myrtis....I am praying for your family and that the LORD will give you strength to care for your mother.

--------------------------------
" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
Myrtis Caudill
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mom is recovering at home with help from the family. Continue to pray for her. She is not one to sit still. She gets a little down sometimes because she cannot do what she would like to be able to do. I know she will one day soon if she takes care of herself now and doesn't get a setback. Gradually she will be able to do more and after 3 months the restrictions will all be lifted.
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: See y'all in Michigan! Reply with quote

Great news! Tell her we love her! Take care of herself, so we can see her soon! Maybe in Michigan?

God bless the Sevy's!

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Myrtis Caudill
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord willing, we will be in Gladwin. Mom is doing better but still has a ways to go. Will be seeing the surgeon on Tuesday for a follow up appt. Hopefully some restrictions will be lifted. She gets tired easily and still has swelling in her feet. She came to church services this morning for the first time since the surgery. God is Good.
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Indeed He is...! Reply with quote

Praise the LORD!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: