SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bro. Jimmie Hobbs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Bro. Jimmie Hobbs Reply with quote

I saw this on FaceBook this morning from Sister Sandra Hobbs:

"Please remember my brother in your prayers. He will be having a heart cath in the morning & probably a stent inserted. Thank you!"

"They are supposed to take him around 10:30 or 11:00."

Please pray for our dear brother.

Bro. Steve McCool
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: thank you... Reply with quote

I want to thank everyone for their prayers, was no blockage after they got in there, so they just plugged the hole, and I got home this evening.

--------------------------------
" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
JasonShults
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praise the Lord, brother!
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: ...yesterday Reply with quote

Don't have any info yet. You guys can check on FB...

Bro.Jimmie was in a car accident. Think he's okay, but might be trouble if his back was affected... Pray hard... please...

Fear the LORD...

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praying for our dear Brother!
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked with Bro. Jimmie this afternoon. He will be having another back surgery in a day or two. His back surgeon is out of town so they will wait to do the surgery when he returns. All the test show he has some nerves in his back that are all bunched up and causing him lots of pain. The surgeon will attempt to "untangle" the nerves thus relieving the pain Bro. Jimmie has been complaining about for some time.
Bro. Jimmie said to thank every one for your prayers!
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, LORD! Reply with quote

Jimmy's surgery went well yesterday. Seemed in good spirits this morning. They moved up the surgery from 3PM to 10AM, so his Dad was just barely able to get there in time to have prayer with him before they took him it...

Reminds me of so many times the LORD timed that just right for us...! What a comfort to know that no matter WHAT happens, we're on HIS time schedule!

LORD willing, he'll get to come home on Sunday afternoon. The pain is less, but still having some affects from the accident, original back problems and the surgery recovery.

Keep up the prayers! How much they are appreciated! God bless!

Fear Him!

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked with Bro. Jimmy a few hrs ago. He is going to be released from the hospital on Monday. His dad and mom, Bro. and Sis. Hobbs, are going to Columbus for a check up on Monday so Bro. Jimmy's doctor is going to keep him in the hospital till then so they can take him home.
Bro. Jimmy said to thank everyone for their continued prayers.

Praise ye the Lord!!!
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: thanks to everyone...... Reply with quote

I want to thank everyone, because I even got the heart people excited at one point when my heart rate went up to 185/92 pulse <------looks like a blood pressure but the lady called a few in to slow the heart rate down, but I want to thank everyone, because the prayers is what fixed the speedy heart and other injuries when they were answered:-).

--------------------------------
" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a text message this evening from Bro. Jimmie. He is scheduled to have another back surgery tomorrow morning.
Please remember this dear brother in prayer.
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Serious condition... Reply with quote

I haven't been able to get ahold of Bro.Jimmy for several days. I just talked to his sister, Sis.Renee, and she said he will be in Riverside Methodist Hospital until Monday, when he will be moved to a rehab center in Columbus.

He's pretty bad off right now. He's got blood clots in his legs, they are concerned about and his doctors are talking like his walking again in the future is in jeopardy even after the back surgery this week... Before they admitted him, his leg was feeling like rubber and he'd fallen numerous times... Please remember him in prayer!

I'm hoping to get to stop by and see him tomorrow, if God wills and I'm able to get to Bro.Steve Cornett's conference tonight and tomorrow morning...

PRAYING!

Fear God!

Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Not so good... Reply with quote

Bro.Jimmy has taken a turn for the worse. They've readmitted him to the hospital yesterday, because his spine is protruding out his back at the base.

I haven't heard back from him since then and can only assume they are doing some kind of surgery to get it realigned or whatever.

Do CONTINUE to pray, as he has not been able to walk for a month now. He's optimistic that once he gets out, he'll be able to take off walking, but I'm not so sure that there's not going to be a lot of Difficult rehabbing that'll need to be gone thru...

It'd be nice to have him closer to home. His folks can't make the trip up to Columbus very much due to their own health concerns. If they could get him to Portsmouth or Ashland, it would be ideal...

Thanks for the prayers thus far and keep 'em up...

Fear Him!

Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked with Bro. Jimmy yesterday morning. As Bro. Matt Stepp stated the doctors are looking at doing some kind of surgery to fix the place where the spine is protruding. Bro. Jimmy said they think this is the result of him falling down several times when he was at home last month. At first they thought he may have broken his hip but they have ruled that out with several test. Bro. Jimmy thinks he should know what they are going to do by the end of this week.
Please continue to pray for our dear brother in Christ. He really needs some encouragement right now. He is able to read this forum from his cell phone so if you would like to private message him please do.

Praise ye the Lord!!!
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Closer to Home...! Reply with quote

They moved Jimmy from Columbus back toward home in Best Care in Wheelersburg, OH. I hope to be able to run over and visit him at lunch today.

LORD willing, they are going to find him a surgeon so something can get moving and done. His current surgeon never even SAW him during this last month of misery...

Pray that God's will be done for our beloved brother! Pray that God will send him a caring and competent surgeon, if He so wills...

Pray! and Fear Him!

Charlotte DeRaad
Average Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Brother Jimmie Reply with quote

Brother Matt,

Do you have an address where those that live farther away could send him cards and greetings?

Sister DeRaad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: