SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elementary books on Sovereign Grace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Book Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wtbryant
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Elementary books on Sovereign Grace Reply with quote

I have a friend that I'd like to recommend a book to that subtly introduces them to sovereign Grace. They are not ready for an all out "doctrines of Grace" book or one that says "The Five Points of Calvinism" or anything.

I read "Chosen By God" by RC Sproul years ago. I remember it being good. But, I cannot find my copy. Anybody read it recently?

What about any of MacArthur's books...like "The Gospel According to the Apostles"?

Any others that come to mind?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Charlotte DeRaad
Average Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Books Reply with quote

Brother Bryant,

My husband has the book "Chosen By God" by RC Sproul. He says what he has read it would be a good book. He can't remember if he states anything about the universal church in that book. RC Sproul is good but he is a universal church pastor.

John MacArthur has a good website that you could check out his books. I have his study Bible and it is good. I believe MacArthur is a universal church pastor, not 100% sure on him thorough.
wtbryant
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Books Reply with quote

Charlotte DeRaad wrote:
Brother Bryant,

My husband has the book "Chosen By God" by RC Sproul. He says what he has read it would be a good book. He can't remember if he states anything about the universal church in that book. RC Sproul is good but he is a universal church pastor.

John MacArthur has a good website that you could check out his books. I have his study Bible and it is good. I believe MacArthur is a universal church pastor, not 100% sure on him thorough.

Both of these men are wrong on the church...Sproul more than MacArthur I think. Both believe in a universal church.

I too have MacArthur's Bible and have appreciated his study notes. He's stood firm on sovereign grace for almost 50 years...something that is rare these days. I can certainly respect it for that.

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure where my copy of "Chosen by God" got off to. I guess I need to order another.

Thanks!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jeff Short
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/516633675
Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. ~ Ps 119:36
Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practice wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties. ~ Ps 141:4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Book Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: