SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brother Samaroo Sookraj- August Report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Fry
Average Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Brother Samaroo Sookraj- August Report Reply with quote

LANDMARK GRACE BAPTIST CHURCH
49 MORA DR. SOU SOU LAND DEV. CARLSEN FIELD.
Pastor Samaroo Sookraj email: ssookraj@hotmail.com
tel; 1 868 316 4111
8/28/2013

Beloved Brethren in the Lord,

Greetings in the precious name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ to Whom be glory both now and forever.

I am very thankful to all those who have been praying for us here in Trinidad. I know I requested prayer for Sis Wendy, who suffered a stroke. By the Lord's grace, she has been showing tremendous improvement. She has begun walking, from being completely bedridden and from very slurred speech, she is talking much better. We thank the Lord for this.

Beloved, the Word tells us that our Father in heaven is touched by our every infirmities and that all things work together for good for us believers and for these I am so grateful to God for the assurances that He cares for us. As previously said, I had a decision to make and I believe that I have now made it. I wanted to start another church building but I am certain that because of my physical restrictions, due to some health issues, it is beyond my ability to do so. I am grateful to God though that in spite of my health issues, I can still continue with what I am presently doing.

I had made a short trip to the States to see my ophthalmologist for what I believe will be my last visit unless of some major deterioration in my eyes. They are slowly deteriorating but that is to be expected with the macular degeneration in my eyes.

It was a great blessing to have met Bro Todd Bryant, Bro John Fry, Bro Troy McGahan and the brethren at Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Alabama. We had a wonderful time of fellowship at the conference. It also was an unexpected blessing to have met Bro Joslin and his dear wife.

One of our members has lost his father recently and it has hit them very hard as he died a Hindu. Please have Bro Billy and his family in prayer. We have had a new family of three visiting with us on our mid-week services. He works on Sundays and we are trusting the Lord to save them. His name is Jason; please be praying for them.

The Lord has been blessing us more than we deserve. We continue to have our services as usual. We witness to and visit with the folks in the community and trust in the Lord's grace to call His sheep and save them. We rest on His promise of not being willing for any of His elect to perish but that all will come to repentance before He makes His second advent.

One of my greatest blessings has been of my wife resigning from her job in the States and coming back to Trinidad to be with me. I am very thankful to God for this.

Beloved brethren, I will like to say something that may be a little offensive to some but I believe that I must.

I usually send out my reports to at least forty preachers and brethren in the faith and make a simple request for the recipients to just acknowledge receipt of it simply by clicking on “reply” then “send” so that I will know that you have received my report. I am so disappointed in that not even ten out of the more than forty respond. We are seeing more and more, pastoral ethics is becoming more and more rare within the pastoral community.

Finally, please be praying for us here in Trinidad. We continue to stand in need of Bibles (KJV only), we need some theologically sound tracts and if anyone can send some “Trail of Blood” by Caroll, and “Five points of Calvinism” by Beck. I would be so very grateful. May the Lord bless you all and may He continue to use you all for His honor and glory.

By His Grace and For His Glory,

Bro Samaroo Sookraj.
Missionary to Trinidad.

Income for August.

Bohon Road Baptist Ch in Harr, KY- $125
Landmark Baptist Ch in Tulsa, OK- $100
Grace Baptist Ch in Gladwin, MI- $150
Piney Grove Baptist Ch in Bron, KY- $50
Twelve-Ryan Baptist Ch in War, MI- $100
Sov Grace Baptist Ch in W Forest, NC- $200
Sov Grace Baptist Ch in Hortense, GA- $100
Salem Miss Baptist Ch in Grayson, KY- $75
Living Stone Bapt Ch in Barb, WV- $150
TOTAL $1050.
Special offering from Philadelphia Baptist Church in Birmingham AL $1000.

Expenditures for July

Tel 55.60
Water 55.00
Car (Gas, Brake repair) 235.00
Groceries 713.00
Ins 90.00
Internet 40.00
Airline Ticket 765.35
Medical (dr visit & med) 465.00
Total 2418.95

Proverbs 9:9- "Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: