SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Romanian mission report July 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Romanian mission report July 2013 Reply with quote

ROMANIA MISSIONS

Raul Enyedi,
str. Izvor nr. 3,
Bocșa, C-S 325300, România
Email: raul_enyedi@yahoo.com

Grace Bible Baptist Church
Jerry Dodson,
26060 Wax Rd,
Denham Springs, LA 70726
Phone: (225) 664 3223

Curtis Pugh,
505 Nanih Waiya,
Poteau, OK 74953
Phone: (918) 649 4064

August 6, 2013

Dear Pastors and Churches,

Christian greetings from your brothers and sisters in Romania!

Thank you for reading our prayer letters and for praying for us and supporting our efforts financially. You are true friends and our coworkers.

Mission work.
Besides the regular trip to Filiasi, Aurel Munteanu and I were able to make a long mission trip to the east. The trip lasted one week during which we traveled about 1,400 miles. We visited a variety of people in 14 different communities spending hours with them. We saw the Lord working in powerful ways during this trip. Aurel and I learned many lessons. We met some people that impressed us deeply.

For instance, we met an 18-year-old blind girl who is very knowledgeable in the Scriptures. She just came to see the doctrine of grace.

We also met a 24-year-old young man who has only one eye. He lives in dire poverty (he does not have enough glass to cover the two windows of his little mud brick shack. He and his grandmother live on $75 per month (his handicap pension). But he is one of the happiest people I ever met, and one of the most active people in sharing the Gospel with others.

After that we met an old Pentecostal Gypsy whose greatest desire is to become a Baptist. He has a disease that crippled him when he was 23, so he can barely walk. But he is thankful for what the Lord gave him and never complains. And when he started playing the accordion, his face really lit up with joy.

We went further and met an old Baptist Union pastor who believes and preaches grace, and then some Pentecostal Gypsies who also have come to see grace. We spent several hours with them. One of them is going to take our literature to Newcastle, England, where his family resides.

One group that had invited us to visit has come out of the New Apostolic Church (an Arminian organization with a catholic-like hierarchy). They want to become Baptists. Their pastor knew about us and told the group that we’re the closest to the New Testament churches. We spent two days with them. We started preaching the Gospel because we noticed immediately that some are not saved. Then we preached the doctrine of grace and after that church truth. One of them said: “Where have you been until now, brethren? I did not think such churches still exist today! It is too good to be true!” Their pastor is 62 years old, and he became destitute of all that he had when he left that denomination. He didn’t have money to pay the electric bill so they cut it off. He spends his nights with candlelight. The people, who are very poor themselves, are trying to provide him at least with meals. He gave up his living for the sake of the truth!

These are some of the people we met. Space does not allow me to share more of these experiences with you, but we do need you to join with us in prayer as we seek the Lord’s will in regard with these people. They are desperate for spiritual food. We need to get back to several of these places. We pray that the Lord will provide means to do this. This trip and the heavy printing expenses this month made us exceed our budget by more than $1,000. But we’re thankful for the special funds we had on hand, and Lord willing, we’ll replace the money in them as soon as we can. We felt we must use the money for the long-awaited mission trip.

Please remember to pray for Aurel Munteanu. He was a great help for me on this trip. He continues his missionary labors in Filiasi and in the surrounding communities. He walks an average of 100 miles per month distributing Gospel literature and talking with everyone interested. But as he continues to reach village after village and town after town, the distances grow bigger, and so do the travel expenses. For the moment we can still cover the expenses of all his trips, but pray with us that we won’t get to the point where finances will hinder this progress.

Aurel expresses his thankfulness to the church in Craigsville, WV and the one in Plant City, FL for the love offering you sent him this month. And I, too, thank you. The amount our church here in Romania can give toward his support is not nearly enough to cover their expenses as a family, no matter how frugally they live.

Literature work.
This past month was one of the busiest and one of the most fruitful months in a long time. We printed 10,000 gospel booklets, and 7,000 other booklets this month. Aurel Miclea has burned and printed hundreds of our CDs and DVDs (Audio Bible, sermons and music discs). In spite of the massive reprints, we’re low now on many other titles. But this means that people are still requesting our literature. And we praise the Lord for this.

Thank you all for supporting this work and for praying for us!
Bro. Raul

Dear Ones in Christ,
This month I feel I can add very little to our prayer letter! Having lived for 11 ˝ years in Romania, knowing several of the saints there and hearing about these dear folk to whom God has made Himself and His truth known is just about more than I can take – if you know what I mean! What blessings these! That our God would shed forth His abundant grace on people who live in real poverty is a wonderful thing. Surely the last shall be first!

Many of the folk Raul and Aurel ministered to on this latest trip were what we call Gypsies. Often they are the poorest of the poor in Romania. Keep them in your prayers, please. Among them are some who are children of God by faith in Christ Jesus – our brothers and sisters.

Oklahoma: We continue with meetings, literature work, ads, the weekly Berea radio broadcast, and try to maintain contact with as many folk as possible. Some have shown interest, some tell of reading the Berea Baptist Banner which we make available and so we continue. Each month 40 of these papers are taken from the local Indian clinic.

Keep us in your prayers and thank you for your help! Special thanks for the anonymous personal gift this month: I was able to get a much-needed new radiator for my van.

Bro. Curtis

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."

Last edited by Matthew Stepp on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
RP_McLellan
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the Oklahoma portion of the report?
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Update on the update Reply with quote

I'm sorry, Sis.Ruthie!

When I put the report in the weekly church bulletin, I can't fit the 8x14 on the 8x11 page. And I just copied it from my MSWord program onto the website...

Let me see if I've still got the original to update the report... Usually don't keep them very long, though, so if you've got it and want to send it to me, by all means do so!

I really wanted the church to read the report this month, so I read it to them at our scripture reading time on Sunday evening...

Please pray for more support for the Romanian work, so that mere dollars do not hinder the spread of the Truth...!

Fear Him!

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Oklahoma portion of report! Reply with quote

Dear Ones in Christ,
This month I feel I can add very little to our prayer letter! Having lived for 11 ˝ years in Romania, knowing several of the saints there and hearing about these dear folk to whom God has made Himself and His truth known is just about more than I can take – if you know what I mean! What blessings these! That our God would shed forth His abundant grace on people who live in real poverty is a wonderful thing. Surely the last shall be first! Many of the folk Raul and Aurel ministered to on this latest trip were what we call Gypsies. Often they are the poorest of the poor in Romania. Keep them in your prayers, please. Among them are some who are children of God by faith in Christ Jesus – our brothers and sisters.

Oklahoma: We continue with meetings, literature work, ads, the weekly Berea radio broadcast, and try to maintain contact with as many folk as possible. Some have shown interest, some tell of reading the Berea Baptist Banner which we make available and so we continue. Each month 40 of these papers are taken from the local Indian clinic. Keep us in your prayers and thank you for your help! Special thanks for the anonymous personal gift this month: I was able to get a much-needed new radiator for my van.

Bro. Curtis

PS- Also reinserted into original post... (tms)

RP_McLellan
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Smile

It is amazing to see the Lord working so openly in people in Romania. Here in the US I'm seeing LOTS of folks who claim to be saved but they made a decision once upon a time and since they can't lose their salvation, they live like the world.

Please pray for the precious brothers and sisters in Romania and that God might be pleased to work in the hearts of Americans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: