SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bro.Jimmy Hobbs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Bro.Jimmy Hobbs Reply with quote

...is in a Columbus hospital for ANOTHER back surgery...

He's not one to complain, but says it hurts worse now than at any time since the car accident that caused the back problems in the first place.

Please keep him in your prayers, and also the surgeons and staff...

God bless the poor fellow... give him some relief...

Fear Him!

PS- Bro.Steve, tomorrow's devotional is yours...

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be praying for Brother Jimmy. He has been such a blessing to me and my family this past year.

Bro. Matthew thank you for your devotions thus far. We will see where the Lord leads for tomorrow.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bro.Jimmy Hobbs Reply with quote

Matthew Stepp wrote:
...is in a Columbus hospital for ANOTHER back surgery...

He's not one to complain, but says it hurts worse now than at any time since the car accident that caused the back problems in the first place.

Please keep him in your prayers, and also the surgeons and staff...

God bless the poor fellow... give him some relief...

Fear Him!

PS- Bro.Steve, tomorrow's devotional is yours...

I am home, and no back surgery Wink " PRAISE THE LORD". They were able to relieve my legs of 10-30 pounds of fluids or edema, which is a blessing in it's self. May have to have the pysiatic nerve decompressed a little later as there is still numbness and tingling as well as severe lower lumbar problems. Thank you all for the devotions and your prayers.

--------------------------------
" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see your doing better Bro. Jimmy! I look forward to seeing your Devotionals again soon.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: thank you.... Reply with quote

Steve McCool wrote:
Glad to see your doing better Bro. Jimmy! I look forward to seeing your Devotionals again soon.

I was hoping you and Bro. Matt would keep on doing them Shocked I really enjoyed getting caught up last night on all the devotions and hope everyone keeps posting Wink It is good to have more thoughts to read each day.....btw, I am glad to be back.

" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Prayer requested by my buddy... Reply with quote

Hello all...

Keep Bro.Jimmy in your prayers, please. Just got word that he blacked out yesterday at 4, for 4 hours... His dad took him to Portsmouth hospital, who transported him up to Columbus- again...

He finally got in a room at 5AM this morning...

They think its his back, but they're checking his heart to see if it could be symptoms of something else... Running a full array of tests...

Pray! Pray! Pray!

Fear Him!

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked with Brother Jimmy this evening. He is feeling better. Still in a lot of pain. They have ruled out his heart. The doctors are pretty sure it's his back again. He will have an MRI tomorrow on his back.
Please keep this dear Brother in prayer.

Brother Matthew,
I can do the devotional tomorrow if you would like but I will be out of town on Sunday and will not be able to then.
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: LORD bless... Reply with quote

Looking forward to it, Bro.Steve!

Praying for a quick resolution and recovery for our dear friend....!

Fear Him!

Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Update from his dad... Reply with quote

Jimmy was getting the results of the MRI this morning, and the surgeon was supposed to determine what to do next. Wait and see...

Keep praying!

Praise Him!

jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Update from his dad... Reply with quote

Matthew Stepp wrote:
Jimmy was getting the results of the MRI this morning, and the surgeon was supposed to determine what to do next. Wait and see...

Keep praying!

Praise Him!

Thank you all again for your much coveted prayers on my behalf. I was released yesterday afternoon, with some complications to the spinal canal, but no surgery intervention, as of yet. I am in a severe amount of pain, that the PMT in the Columbus couldn't believe it was the cause for the blacking out. Upon rising, my B/P rises from 139/85----to appoximately 226/101 exact opposite of what they was thinking was happening, so they have to get the pain controlled with Steroid Epidurals over the next few weeks before they proceed with further interventions. Please pray for me and BTW, I was able to get Bro. Steve to KABC this afternoon for few days. Enjoying the time with him. Thanks for the devotions. Wink

Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please remember Brother Jimmy. I talked with Pastor Hobbs earlier and he said Jimmy was on his way to the hospital in Columbus, OH again. No details yet.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: thanks and continue to pray...... Reply with quote

Steve McCool wrote:
Please remember Brother Jimmy. I talked with Pastor Hobbs earlier and he said Jimmy was on his way to the hospital in Columbus, OH again. No details yet.

A little update....I got home late last night from the hospital in Columbus, and with some steps in the right direction. While I was there this time they found an infection that dated back to my back surgery in October and started treating it with anti-biotics and sent me home on oral anti b. for a while, so please continue to pray. Thank you for the much needed prayers. Thank you Bro. Steve for posting the devotions. Wink

Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: September update Reply with quote

Please pray for Bro.Jimmy again!

He's at Riverside Spinal... His back is putting pressure on the spinal cord and he's partially paralyzed until they can get it fixed/aligned/etc... Whatever they do, by God's Grace!

It's affecting his movement from the waist to the feet, so please CONTINUE to pray for the big guy...

Love ya, brother!

Fear Him!

Charlotte DeRaad
Average Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Brother Hobbs Reply with quote

Will certain be praying for Brother Jimmie. Praying God will direct the doctors so his health is improved and he gets relief from any pain.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: September update and reprieve Reply with quote

Matthew Stepp wrote:
Please pray for Bro.Jimmy again!

He's at Riverside Spinal... His back is putting pressure on the spinal cord and he's partially paralyzed until they can get it fixed/aligned/etc... Whatever they do, by God's Grace!

It's affecting his movement from the waist to the feet, so please CONTINUE to pray for the big guy...

Love ya, brother!

Fear Him!

Due to the new Obama care it was decided after they told me I needed surgery there are others in line waiting for the same type surgey, this tells me they are sure I can make it a few weeks longer before they cut on me again. I thanked the LORD for your all's prayers and my being dismissed for a while. I am not impatient when it come to the knife, but would love to get it over with, so pray that the LORD will intervene. They did force IV steriods through me, and I lost another 10+ pounds, which makes it easier to mobilise, and I thank you again for you prayers, because I am sure, it is his answer by helping the pressure on legs and lower extremities. Thanks again. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: