SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prayer Request
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Prayer Request Reply with quote

Please be in prayer for my wife Kim's dad, Gordon Swan. We learned he had a mild stroke last night. He was already in the hospital after having infection removed from his leg and having a minor surgery on the same leg. He had that leg amputated from the knee down a couple of years ago and the doctors had to go in and do some reconstruction on the stump when they found the staff infection. We do not have any other details than that at this time. Kim's parents live in New Hampshire and we live in Texas so the updates are slow getting to us at times.

Thank you for all your prayers.

Bro. Steve McCool
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Prayer Request Reply with quote

Steve McCool wrote:
Please be in prayer for my wife Kim's dad, Gordon Swan. We learned he had a mild stroke last night. He was already in the hospital after having infection removed from his leg and having a minor surgery on the same leg. He had that leg amputated from the knee down a couple of years ago and the doctors had to go in and do some reconstruction on the stump when they found the staff infection. We do not have any other details than that at this time. Kim's parents live in New Hampshire and we live in Texas so the updates are slow getting to us at times.

Thank you for all your prayers.

Bro. Steve McCool

Praying Dear Bro. Steve, and trusting the LORD will intervene for Sis. Kim's Father. Praying for y'all as it is tough to be that far away.

--------------------------------
" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberlee Swan-McCool
Dad had an MRI today. It showed he had a real stroke but is coming out of it nicely. Awaiting another report in the morning. Mom put Dad on the phone and he told me to thank everyone for the love and prayers. Then he asked about our weather and prayed with me for our protection as he always does. Dad is definitely in very good spirits! Praise the Lord!!!! God is so faithful!
RP_McLellan
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praying for Kimberlee's Dad. Bless his heart, he has sure been through it. Please keep us posted.
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberlee Swan-McCool
Unfortunately we got some bad news last evening. Dad has been having dizzy spells and such as well as angina pains. These symptoms are going to keep him in the hospital longer. There is a cath test they need to run on his heart that the Docs don't want to do right now as it could cause him to have a massive stroke or heart attack. They want to wait 5-8 weeks for Cath as the risk would be greatly diminished but will do it next week if angina pains, dizziness, near fainting does not subside. So please do keep praying.
Dad said that maybe this is what my sister needs to bring her back to the Lord. Her son is asking how to prayer and all and it is having a positive effect. It has been my Dad's prayer all along that she and her family would be saved. He just didn't think this would be apart of God's plan. But we serve a loving, faithful and just God Daddy is praising God all the way through this whole health ordeal.
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberlee Swan-McCool
Just talked with Dad a 1/2 hour ago. He said that the Docs are definitely planning on doing an angioplasty on Monday. He does not know what time though.
Andy Proctor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are praying for your father-in-law, brother, and you all's preparation for the mission work as well Smile
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
2 Corinthians 13:14
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberlee Swan-McCool
Urgent prayer request: Mom just called with bad news on Daddy. All night he was short of breath at rehab so the Doctors ordered and MRI of the chest. They found that there are numerous blood clots in his lungs preventing him from getting a solid breath. Dad was readmitted to the hospital and put back on IV blood thinners. The Doctor said that the shortness of breath is causing a large strain on Dad's heart. Mom is beside herself and has had a few good cries but can not be by Dad's side during this due to the Blizzard hitting the area. Please pray that the Lord's will be done in Daddy's life and for the rest of us as we try to handle this from our perspective corners of the world. Also on a personal note would you please pray for our finances so that we can be able to join my Mother as soon as she wants us to come up to be with her. I would like to drive up but Steve does not want the children and I driving up alone.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: praying..... Reply with quote

Steve McCool wrote:
Kimberlee Swan-McCool
Urgent prayer request: Mom just called with bad news on Daddy. All night he was short of breath at rehab so the Doctors ordered and MRI of the chest. They found that there are numerous blood clots in his lungs preventing him from getting a solid breath. Dad was readmitted to the hospital and put back on IV blood thinners. The Doctor said that the shortness of breath is causing a large strain on Dad's heart. Mom is beside herself and has had a few good cries but can not be by Dad's side during this due to the Blizzard hitting the area. Please pray that the Lord's will be done in Daddy's life and for the rest of us as we try to handle this from our perspective corners of the world. Also on a personal note would you please pray for our finances so that we can be able to join my Mother as soon as she wants us to come up to be with her. I would like to drive up but Steve does not want the children and I driving up alone.

Bro. & Sis McCool I am praying that the LORD will see fit to interevene and raise your dad back up, give your mom comfort as well as y'all as I know what it is to be away when someone is sick. I definitely will make sure your dad and your family is on the prayer list at church in the A.M.

--------------------------------
" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberlee Swan-McCool
Today there is only 1 very large blood clot left in the lung and they found 1 or 2 in Dad's right leg also very large. In the Morning Dad will have a 'strainer' type device placed in his leg where the arteries come together before the arteries take the blood back up to the heart. This in theory should catch any clots and their bit should they break loose. Emotionally Dad is scared. Mom said not to come today or Monday because we would have to travel through storms but she has asked that I come as soon as I can make it happen. To say I am Daddy's heart are the words he uses to describe our relationship. We're thinking my being there may be the ticket to help get him over the hump and if not it will be an honor and privilege to be with him as he goes home to be with the Lord. We're praying the Lord's will be done in Daddy's life.

Please pray for our family as we prepare for Kim and the children to go up to New Hampshire to be with her dad and mom. They may be staying a month or two depending on her dad's recovery. This will be very trying on our finances but we are trusting the Lord to provide and protect.

Bro. Steve McCool
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberlee Swan-McCool
Praise the Lord God of Heaven and Earth!!!! Last night as I was driving home I was working in my mind the logistical nightmare of getting up to New Hampshire preparing myself to say goodbye to my Daddy should that be necessary. This morning I was awoken by a call from Mom saying that Dad is NOT going to have to have the surgery to place a mesh strainer in the artery in the leg. She also said that Dad's lungs are amazingly clearer, color is coming back to his Swedish complexion and that the Doctor was talking about moving Dad back to rehab. Mom also said I can wait a couple of weeks or so till Dad is ready to come home to join them as she will need help then with Dad.
God never ceases to amaze me. Here last evening driving back to my house the only thing I could do was cry and praise and ask God for the strength to walk the journey set before me and to comfort and heal my Daddy as He saw fit and God blesses with the most wonderful of wake up calls. Thank you so much to EVERYONE who has been praying for us and encouraging us. Dad's not out of the woods yet. We still need to address the need to know what is causing the blood clots and find the answer in preventing them. Sending much love to you all!!
dheuer
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve McCool wrote:
Kimberlee Swan-McCool
Praise the Lord God of Heaven and Earth!!!! Last night as I was driving home I was working in my mind the logistical nightmare of getting up to New Hampshire preparing myself to say goodbye to my Daddy should that be necessary. This morning I was awoken by a call from Mom saying that Dad is NOT going to have to have the surgery to place a mesh strainer in the artery in the leg. She also said that Dad's lungs are amazingly clearer, color is coming back to his Swedish complexion and that the Doctor was talking about moving Dad back to rehab. Mom also said I can wait a couple of weeks or so till Dad is ready to come home to join them as she will need help then with Dad.
God never ceases to amaze me. Here last evening driving back to my house the only thing I could do was cry and praise and ask God for the strength to walk the journey set before me and to comfort and heal my Daddy as He saw fit and God blesses with the most wonderful of wake up calls. Thank you so much to EVERYONE who has been praying for us and encouraging us. Dad's not out of the woods yet. We still need to address the need to know what is causing the blood clots and find the answer in preventing them. Sending much love to you all!!

What wonderful news! Praise the Lord!! We all will continue to pray for the situation, and for the peace and strength of all the family, we know how emotionally trying this has been and probably will yet be!

Blessings,

Galatians 5:14 "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberlee Swan-McCool
Talked with Daddy last evening. He is doing remarkably well. He just needs to have his blood thinner regulated to prevent future clots then he will be allowed to come home to visiting nurse care. Janna and I will be joining Mom and Dad to help out as soon as we BOTH are well as we BOTH are dealing with chicken pox. lovely. Praying this pox thing is abated very soon!
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Good news to hear! Reply with quote

When it rains, it pours...! We know how the family thing goes... Everybody has to share...

We will continue to keep your Dad in our prayers...

Praise Him!

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberlee Swan-McCool
Update on Daddy. Last night Daddy went home from the hospital. He still is having a tough time breathing because of the large blood clot in his lung and I found out that he still has small clots in the right leg. So he is far from being out of the woods. The nurse is coming to check on him everyday and was a bit unhappy that Dad would be released with so many issues still to be resolved. But Dad nonetheless is happy to be out of the hospital and home with his critters. Please continue to pray for him. Janna and I will be joining my parents to help in Dad's care as soon as we are both cleared from our illnesses. I think we're all so ready to be healthy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: