SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Virginia Mission Report November 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Lawrence
Average Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: West Virginia Mission Report November 2012 Reply with quote

Dear Christian Friends, 3 Nov 12

Greetings to you all from the white Winter hills of West Virginia. We have just come through a blizzard in the end of October and still have snow on the ground. We got between 15 and 18 inches of snow but many others here in West Virginia got over 3 foot. It would seem that Winter is coming early and plans on staying along time.
Our little church is doing well since our organization. We have had several visitors over the last few months and some have come back for services time and again. We are thankful for the Lordís blessings. Our attendance is up and we are pleased with the current direction of the church. We have scheduled our first Lordís Supper observance and are in the beginning stages of establishing our church constitution and by laws.
The Lawrence household has had little to no sickness for which we are thankful. I expected we would see a round of sickness once school started but thankfully that has not been the case. We have decided to make an investment in a power generator. In the last six months we have dealt with two major storms which knocked our power out for several days. This last storm gave greater concern for me due to my job. I have taken a different job as an over the road truck driver. I did this in Australia and am much happier in this present position. I am gone through the week, but I run mostly the states around West Virginia and get home once or twice in the week most weeks. Financially we have had no choice but for me to work a better paying job. Since our organization we have had several churches reduce or drop our support and our small church is just not able to provide us with a living wage for a large family like mine. This job helps pay the bills. For those churches that are still supporting us we do ask that you prayerfully consider continuing our support for the foreseeable future. If the Lord sees fit to add to our church and thus add to our churches income we will make you aware of the time that my job and our church alone will be able to provide us with all the support we need, however that is not the case at the present.
Though I am thankful for a job I enjoy, I do miss the opportunities to go to Bible Conferences and have much needed fellowship with those of like faith and order. I have also had to turn down preaching opportunities due to my work schedule. When we are able we will look forward to being among the brethren again.
Please continue to pray for us here in this part of West Virginia and for the work the Lord has called us to. We are thankful for the opportunity to serve our risen Savior and we are also thankful for the prayers and support that you all have sent our way.

By Godís Grace Alone,

Bro. Jeff, Patti, Sydney, Garrett, Ethan, Connor and Chloe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: