SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Virgina Mission Report July 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Lawrence
Average Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: West Virgina Mission Report July 2012 Reply with quote

Bro. Jeff Lawrence
Missionary To Buckhannon, West Virginia

Sending Church
Grace Landmark Baptist Church
101 Randolph St.
Buckhannon, WV 26201

Home Address
32 Vicksburg Rd
Buckhannon, WV 26201
Home: 304-460-2614
Cell: 731-514-3444
email: baptistinoz@yahoo.com.au

Dear Christian Friends, 4 July 12

Greetings and Happy 4th of July. Iím glad to be writing to you from my air conditioned office today. We went almost 4 days with no electricity due to a massive wind storm that hit many states here in the mid Atlantic. We lost allot of food from our freezer, and it was very hot without A/C, but we were able to manage. After 4 days of no power, you learn what a blessing some modern conveniences are.
Iím glad to report to you that on June 9, 2012, the Grace Landmark Baptist Church was organized into a true New Testament Baptist Church. We had 48 people in attendance with 8 churches represented. It was a great day and we enjoyed the opportunity to see a new church set in order. It is truly a unique event to witness a new church begin. For those of you who could not attend, but did pray for us, we thank you. It is due to the support and prayers of the Lordís Churches that we were able to be involved in this work here in WV. This mission work began 10 years prior to our organization and some were worried if they would ever be able to organize. But the Lord providentially led and we have seen the fulfillment of the Great Commission in our midst. Now the work falls to us to carry on the work of the Great Commission and teach them to observe all things whatsoever Christ has commanded us. Pray for us as the title of mission work is lain aside and the work of a true church of Jesus Christ is taken up.
Even though our church is now organized we are still a small church. At present the church is only able to give me a salary of $500 a month. We ask that you prayerfully consider continuing our support. As a means to do my part in meeting the needs of my family I have taken a job as a truck driver on a local route delivering food to restaurants. This is an entry level job and it is very physical. The pay is not what other truck driving jobs would give, but hopefully in a few months as I can get much needed experience under my belt I will be able to move to something easier that pays better. However, there are benefits with this job, I have lost about 20 pounds so far and seem to be losing more each day, and I donít have to work weekends. Pray for me, the hours are long and I have to endure the language and wicked imaginations of my co-workers, I pray I will be able to be a testimony to them of the saving grace of God.
I continue to help some of our local churches who are small and in need of pastoral leadership. I preach regularly at Bender Run Baptist Church in Chapel, WV, and in recent weeks have been preaching on a few Sunday nights at Glade Creek Baptist Church in Summersville, WV. Just about a week ago, my good friend, Bro. Jim Radar, pastor of Glade Creek, passed away and we held his funeral. Bro. Radar married Patti and I, and we always called Bro. Jim and his wife Sandy my WV parents. They took care of me in many ways when I first moved to WV many years ago. Bro. Jim will be missed, but we know where he is and we look forward to be reunited with him again one day. Please pray for Glade Creek as they are another small church of 8 or 9 members. I will continue to be available to help them as much as I can.
We thank you all for your help in prayers and support and if you would like to continue to support our ministry here in WV, we ask that you send your support checks either in my name or to Grace Landmark Baptist Church and mark in the memo section for Bro. Jeff. Please note the change in the sending church address at the top of this mission letter. Seeing my work schedule is so demanding, I am going to begin sending mission letters out once a quarter. Thank you all once again and we do hope you will continue to pray for us here in WV.

By Grace Alone,

Bro. Jeff, Patti, Sydney, Garrett, Ethan, Connor and Chloe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: