SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Virginia Mission Report for March 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Lawrence
Average Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: West Virginia Mission Report for March 2012 Reply with quote

Bro. Jeff Lawrence
Missionary To Buckhannon, West Virginia
Sending Church
Little Sewell Baptist Church
HC 83 Box 512
Rainelle, WV 25962

Home Address
32 Vicksburg Rd
Buckhannon, WV 26201
Home: 304-460-2614
Cell: 731-514-3444
email: baptistinoz@yahoo.com.au

Dear Christian Friends, 2 Mar 12

We come to you once again from Wild and ďWindyĒ West Virginia. Spring is in the air. What an unusual bit of weather we are having this year. One day temperatures are in the 60ís and the next days we have blowing snow. As March begins we know that it is just a matter of time until the warm weather outlast the cold and the grass will be growing and the flowers blooming. What a blessing Spring is.
With the unusual weather we have had a few cancellations this year. We cancelled two services at Little Sewell and one here in Buckhannon because of snowy weather. But over all we have not seen the need to call off any other services so far this year. As Spring is beginning we hope to begin anew the search for a Pastor for Little Sewell. I know this is a hard task, so many of the Lordís churches are hurting as they search for a Pastor and we just have so few to go around. We need to earnestly pray the Lord of the harvest to send in laborers into His fields. If any preacher would be interested in coming and meeting the church, please let me know and I will be glad to set up a time.
I have been very burdened over the need of so many of the Lordís churches that are without a pastor. The time may have come, at least for a while, that we go back to the old way of Pastoring with one pastor taking care of several flocks. I know from experience that this requires allot of work and driving on the part of a preacher. But at least in our day we are not having to do it on horse back. At present I am driving about 2500 miles per month trying to help out three churches. It is quite a chore and requires a fair amount of work, but I hate to see Godís people go without. I know many churches do not want to give up their pastor and be without him every week, but here we rotate services with me having two Sunday Morning services per month at both churches and alternating Sunday night services. Some compromise between sister churches can be reached and more of the Lord churches can have their spiritual needs met with the exercise of cooperation. Anyway it is something to pray about.
We were blessed back in January to have a couple visit us here at the mission. I had received a call from a fellow pastor a county over who knew of a young man looking for a church in this area, he gave me his name and number and I called him and invited him out to the services. He came along with his girlfriend and children on the 5th Sunday in January. Although he has not been back he did promise that they would return. We ask you to pray for this young man and pray he will come again.
The Lawrence household seems to be doing well with very few sicknesses. We have had a few little things, but thankfully we have had a really good year so far. I am praying for a job right now. I have applied for a position with the National Cemetery as a caretaker. This is a veteranís cemetery which makes this a Federal job. The pay is really good, but the benefits would really be a blessing to our family with the health coverage. Please pray with us about this as I have cleared one hurdle and am waiting to see if I get an interview. If this job does not work out, I have received a federal grant to go to truck driving school starting on April 2nd. I drove a semi in Australia and loved it, so I should do well in finding a job driving a truck.
We thank you all for your help and support and ask that you continue to pray for us as we seek to serve the Lord in and through His churches here in West Virginia.

By Grace Alone,

Bro. Jeff, Patti, Sydney, Garrett, Ethan, Connor and Chloe
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: God bless the Lawrences... Reply with quote

Hey Bro.Jeff!

Thanks for the update! We will certainly be praying for all of your works...

If there's anything we can do, please let us know...!

Hey, did you lose a girl on the sign-off? I thought there was one more...

LORD bless,

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Jeff Lawrence
Average Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bro. Matt,

Thanks for the prayers. Yes our oldest girl moved out. She is 19 and decided that my rules were too strict. Pray for her, she is not saved and she acts that way.

Bro. Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: