SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Virginia Mission Report November 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Lawrence
Average Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: West Virginia Mission Report November 2011 Reply with quote

Bro. Jeff Lawrence
Missionary To Buckhannon, West Virginia

Sending Church
Little Sewell Baptist Church
P.O. Box 642
Rainelle, WV 25962-0642

Home Address
32 Vicksburg Rd
Buckhannon, WV 26201
Home: 304-460-2614
Cell: 731-514-3444
email: baptistinoz@yahoo.com.au
Dear Christian Friends, 2 Nov 11

We are glad to be writing to you once again from the hills of West Virginia. We have seen the coming and going of the beautiful fall colors of the mountains. And we have experienced the first snow of the season, so Winter is well on its way. We are praying that this Winter we will not face the sickness that seemed to almost overwhelm us last year.
It is my privilege to announce that this last month we have been able to rejoice in the salvation of a young boy in our mission work here in Buckhannon. Jarod Rhodes made a profession of faith and asked for Scriptural baptism this last month. Iím glad to report that the baptism has been performed and Jarod is now a member of the mission work in Buckhannon. We are so thankful for the Lordís blessing and ask that you pray for Jarod as he begins his walk with the Lord. In addition to this blessing the Lord continues to bring in visitors to our services. The lady who lives next to the church is still coming to just about every service. She is a blessing and encouragement especially in a discouraging time.
We ask that you continue to pray for Little Sewell Baptist Church. I believe we have been able to work through the majority of the problems that faced the church. The attendance is up and we are pressing forward in a search for a pastor for this church. If any of you know of anyone that might be interested in taking the pastorate here at Little Sewell, please let me know and I will give them a call and have them come down and preach. We are living in a time when there are more true churches looking for a pastor than we have pastors to go around. It seems we are facing a labor shortage when it come to the Gospel ministry and we need to pray the Lord of the harvest that He might send in more labors.
Our present schedule of services here in West Virginia has me going to Little Sewell and preaching a morning and afternoon service on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Sundayís of the month. With me having Sunday night services at Buckhannon. On the Fourth Saturday I preach at Bender Run Baptist Church near Chapel, WV and then have 4th Sunday service at Buckhannon during the morning and afternoon and go to Little Sewell on that Sunday night. We continue to have Wednesday night Bible Study at Buckhannon and I go to Little Sewell on Thursday night. This does make for allot of driving and I often get tired, but we seek to please the Lord and pray His grace will sustain us. We plan on keeping this schedule through the Winter as I expect that several services will have to be cancelled at Little Sewell once the snow begins to fall as this church is very far out in the mountains and roads become impassable with bad weather. Once Winter breaks and if the church has been unable to call a pastor, we will change service times to allow for two Sunday morning services in Buckhannon and two morning services at Little Sewell a month. Please continue to pray for us as we try to be a help to our home church during this time.
In addition to my preaching schedule I have been looking for a job to provide us with some health insurance. I had an interview the other day for a Chaplain job at a prison not far from here, but it would seem that my preaching schedule may have kept me from being considered. However, I was grateful to get an interview and a tour of the prison. I would have loved working there, but the Lordís will be done. Unfortunately there is not much work here at the time that will fit in with my schedule and offer affordable health insurance.
We continue to thank you all for your prayers and support. May God richly bless us all as we strive to serve Him.

By Grace,

Bro. Jeff, Patti, Savannah, Sydney, Garrett, Ethan, Connor and Chloe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: