SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWT of Canada
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: NWT of Canada Reply with quote

The King's Addition Baptist Mission of the NWT of Canada is currently seeking a missionary to take over the work in Canada through King's Additton Missionary Baptist Church in South Shore, Ky. If interested, please contact our pastor: James E. Hobbs, Sr. or me if you can't get him.

Contacts:
James E. Hobbs, Sr. ( Pastor )
Home Phone: 740-259-2402
Cell Phone: 740-935-1275
Church Phone: 606-932-4741

James E. Hobbs, Jr. ( Clerk )
Home Phone: 740-820-3418
Cell Phone: 740-464-1197
( Or you can PM me )

--------------------------------
" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: NWT of Canada Reply with quote

jhobbsjr wrote:
The King's Addition Baptist Mission of the NWT of Canada is currently seeking a missionary to take over the work in Canada through King's Additton Missionary Baptist Church in South Shore, Ky. If interested, please contact our pastor: James E. Hobbs, Sr. or me if you can't get him.

Contacts:
James E. Hobbs, Sr. ( Pastor )
Home Phone: 740-259-2402
Cell Phone: 740-935-1275
Church Phone: 606-932-4741

James E. Hobbs, Jr. ( Clerk )
Home Phone: 740-820-3418
Cell Phone: 740-464-1197
( Or you can PM me )

The mission is doing ok, but still stand in need 0f a missionary. They still have Bro. Mowris's tapes from the missions tapes ministry to listen to, but please continue to pray that the Lord will call someone to that work.

" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: pray with us..... Reply with quote

We have a candidate for the NWT, mission work. Before I go into the person and who to pray for, ask any questions here as the person hasn't told his bosses yet, and they all read FB. Wink ( Face Book for those that don't understand the lingo as I don't either not being a member)

Bro. Steve McCool accepted the call of the KABC tonight to go to the NWT and meet the people( they are excited as they heard him via the internet preach at our church and the fact he is willing to move right away).

Bro. Steve McCool, the KABC, and myself, covet your prayers for the Lord's leadership in this matter, of working out the move and everything that needs to be done to get a missionary and his family...to the mission points in the NWT of Canada.

jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: pray with us..... Reply with quote

jhobbsjr wrote:
We have a candidate for the NWT, mission work. Before I go into the person and who to pray for, ask any questions here as the person hasn't told his bosses yet, and they all read FB. Wink ( Face Book for those that don't understand the lingo as I don't either not being a member)

Bro. Steve McCool accepted the call of the KABC tonight to go to the NWT and meet the people( they are excited as they heard him via the internet preach at our church and the fact he is willing to move right away).

Bro. Steve McCool, the KABC, and myself, covet your prayers for the Lord's leadership in this matter, of working out the move and everything that needs to be done to get a missionary and his family...to the mission points in the NWT of Canada.

A quick update....If all goes well with Bro. Steve getting his papers to leave the country, He and my father will be making a trip to the NWT of Canada, the 9th of November is what we are praying for and will be there a week to preach every evening and the Sunday services.

Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I thought I would give an "official" update. My passport came in the mail today. So I am set to go. Brother Hobbs is making arrangements for our trip now. As soon as I have more I will post it on here.
I am looking forward to going and visiting with the Lord's people at the mission in Canada and also getting to visit with Brother Hobbs. I understand there is a lot of work to be done there and I pray the Lord will lead me in that direction. I have spoken to some of the mission members recently and they are in dire need of leadership and teaching. So I am going there with that in mind and am seeking the Lord's guidance in that.
As Bro. Jim mentioned before, those of you who know me on Face Book, please do not mention this on there as there are coworkers on there that would get this back to my management. I have told my coworkers and management that I am going to Canada on a mission trip. When the time is right I will tell them the rest.

Thank you all for your prayers and support.

Bro. Steve McCool
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: amen... Reply with quote

Steve McCool wrote:
Well I thought I would give an "official" update. My passport came in the mail today. So I am set to go. Brother Hobbs is making arrangements for our trip now. As soon as I have more I will post it on here.
I am looking forward to going and visiting with the Lord's people at the mission in Canada and also getting to visit with Brother Hobbs. I understand there is a lot of work to be done there and I pray the Lord will lead me in that direction. I have spoken to some of the mission members recently and they are in dire need of leadership and teaching. So I am going there with that in mind and am seeking the Lord's guidance in that.
As Bro. Jim mentioned before, those of you who know me on Face Book, please do not mention this on there as there are coworkers on there that would get this back to my management. I have told my coworkers and management that I am going to Canada on a mission trip. When the time is right I will tell them the rest.

Thank you all for your prayers and support.

Bro. Steve McCool

AMEN, and praise the Lord dear Bro. Steve. I will pray and ask everyone that reads your report of the great news to pray about the details, your family, and the Lord will give you guidance, as this is an exceptional step in you and your family's life. Love you all.

Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a short update for now. Bro. Hobbs and I are scheduled to fly up to Edmonton, Alberta, CA on Nov. 8. We arrive there late afternoon and will spend the night. Late the next morning Nov. 9 we will catch a flight up to Fort Smith and the mission. We are scheduled to fly back on Nov. 14. Please be in prayer for our trip and the people at the mission. They will have to put up with us for about 7 days. Also pray for my wife see is scheduled to have carpal tunnel surgery on her right wrist on Nov. 6. She had the same surgery on her left wrist on Oct. 30 and seems to be doing good with it so far. She will also have knee surgery on Nov. 21. We are trying to get all our medical issues taken care of while I still have rally good insurance.
Thank you all for your prayers.

Bro. Steve McCool
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: amen..... Reply with quote

Steve McCool wrote:
Just a short update for now. Bro. Hobbs and I are scheduled to fly up to Edmonton, Alberta, CA on Nov. 8. We arrive there late afternoon and will spend the night. Late the next morning Nov. 9 we will catch a flight up to Fort Smith and the mission. We are scheduled to fly back on Nov. 14. Please be in prayer for our trip and the people at the mission. They will have to put up with us for about 7 days. Also pray for my wife see is scheduled to have carpal tunnel surgery on her right wrist on Nov. 6. She had the same surgery on her left wrist on Oct. 30 and seems to be doing good with it so far. She will also have knee surgery on Nov. 21. We are trying to get all our medical issues taken care of while I still have rally good insurance.
Thank you all for your prayers.

Bro. Steve McCool

Amen, Bro. Steve will be praying for you and dad as you make this much needed trip, that the Lord will bless the mission members in Canada, and you and dad. BTW, be stingy with dad and the heat because he has never been up there when it winter time Shocked ...j/k...I hope both of you have the warmth from the people as well as the weather and you get the issues taken care of and a safe trip back. Wink

Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Mission work is not easy... Reply with quote

Good to have you back, Jimmy!

We will be praying for the trip to Canada, and pray that God's will be done...

Agreed with Jimmy! Take care of his dad, Bro.Steve...

LORD bless!

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bro. Jimmy! Good to see you back on here! I pray the Lord continues to bless your health. Thank you Bro. Matthew and Bro. Jimmy for your prayers for Bro. Hobbs and I as we travel to the fridged north. And I do mean fridged! I went to the Weather Channels website yesterday. It is supposed to be in the low teens for highs and low to middle single digits for lows with snow while we are there. That's just the opposite of the weather here in Texas in August.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: am pleased to.... Reply with quote

I am pleased to announce that Bro. Steve, and Pastor Hobbs, Sr.....aka dad arrived in the NWT or Ft. Smith KABM, and are staying there. They were met with great excitement of the members there, because of their need of a leader, and glad to see Bro.'s in Christ, and they like Bro. Steve...imagine that......I kinda like him a lil, also....j/k...he is a good friend and brother in Christ.

Please pray as they will be preaching and talking with the mission members until wed, the 14th., that the Lord will bless this visit, and that it is in his will that Bro. Steve be that leader they are looking for in the WILL OF THE LORD of course. I will update as good news comes in periodically.

jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: slight edit and update....... Reply with quote

Pastor Hobbs, Sr. and Bro. Steve had to leave today instead of tomorrow, because of flight changes by the airlines, and are where they will be staying the night in a motel tonight and finish the rest of the trip home tomorrow. The people were truely sad to see them go, but pray for the work and Bro. Steve will elaborate more once he internet connection. Praise the Lord for a seemingly good visit. Thank everyone for your prayers thusfar and the safety the Lord has given them both.

Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give a short update for now and more in depth Lord willing on Thursday.
Bro. Hobbs and I are in a motel room in Edmonton, Alberta for the night and will fly out tomorrow. We fly to Chicago where we will split and go our separate ways.
We have had a very good trip and the Lord blessed us and the folks at the mission. They are in need of leadership there and at this time it seems the Lord is opening the doors for me and my family to go there. The Lord's people there have been taught very well by Bro. Wayne Mowris. But they need someone there to carry on with the work he started. From what I saw is there is not a man there whom the Lord is raising up for that purpose.
They are some of the nicest people I have meet and have a sincere love of our Lord and His Word.
Please pray for these people and the Lord's work there. Also please pray for Kings Addition Baptist Church and Bro. Hobbs as we work together to start the process to get me and my family there as soon as possible.
Also please be in pray with me and my family as we prepare for this move.

Thank you

Bro. Steve McCool
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would send out an update on the recent activities the Lord has placed in our lives here.

A few months ago I contacted Bro. James Hobbs Sr., Pastor of the Kings Addition Baptist Church(KABC) in South Shore, KY about that churches mission work in Fort Smith, NWT, Canada. Their missionary, Bro. Wayne Mowris went home to be with the Lord a few year ago and they have been without a full time missionary since. Bro. Hobbs asked me to pray about the matter and so my wife and I prayed to the Lord for guidance in this matter. After several weeks of constant prayer and occasionally talking with Bro. Hobbs about the mission and the needs there, my wife, our daughter, and I went to visit Bro. Hobbs and his family and the people of KABC. After our visit I had a much clearer picture of what the needs of the mission were and what needed to be done there. However, Bro. Hobbs wanted my wife and I to travel to the mission before making a final decision. My wife has been trying to get all of her medical issues taken care of before the end of this year. So with this in mind it was decided that Bro. Hobbs and I would go together to the mission. The membership of KABC voted to send Bro. Hobbs and me to the mission as soon as possible.
Nov. 8, 2012 we flew up to Edmonton, AL, Canada, spent the night then flew up to Fort Smith the next day. We stayed at the mission house until the morning of Nov. 13, 2012 when we made our trip back. While at the mission, we had a wonderful time meeting and getting to know the members there. It was a joy to meet and visit with the Lord's people in such a remote place. Yet with the closeness of the people there you do not realize the remoteness. There was someone there late every night wanting to talk about and ask questions about things of our Lord. Even those who are not members of the mission stayed and listened and participated in some of the discussions. I would ask that you be in prayer for two of the men there that are not members of the mission but play a big part there. Their wives are long time members. I believe the Lord is working with these two men. I pray they are the next ones the Lord calls to His salvation and then into membership there.
The mission has it's problems and I will not discuss them here. I just ask that you be in prayer for them and that the Lord will heal the issues they have.
The town of Fort Smith has a population of about 2,500 people. Everyone I met there in the town were very friendly. Very typical of small town people. There was a national holiday, Remembrance Day, while we were there so a lot of the businesses were closed for that. If you want to see more of the town they have a web site that is very helpful www.fortsmith.ca
The warmest temperature we saw while there was +20 degrees Fahrenheit. That was the last full day we were there. Early in the mornings we saw several temperatures of -10, -5 degrees Fahrenheit. They had a bout 6-8 inches of snow but the wind was still most of the time. Very beautiful scenery there.
I will not bore you with more details now. If you would like more information on this mission, our trip, or the area of Canada we visited, please send me a private message or call me and I will be happy to talk more about my experience there.
I will say this; I believe the Lord is calling me to this work. My wife and I are in agreement on this and the Kings Addition Baptist Church and the Kings Addition Baptist Mission also seem to be in agreement with this. The Lord has used the people of the mission and the church to touch my heart for this work. I left them with tears in my eyes and a heavy burden in heart for these people. My prayer is that the Lord will send me and my family there soon.

A servant of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Steve McCool
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: glad you did..... Reply with quote

Bro. Steve humbly wrote the report and told how he contacted our pastor. Well the pastor and myself and church are glad you did also. The mission members in Canada are glad as well. Praying the Lord continues to bless you and the work, as well as your family.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: