SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baptists For Liberty
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> News of Interest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoannaWorks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Yikes, it's been a while! Reply with quote

Hi Bro. Proctor thanks for commenting. I'm sorry to say I forgot to post updates here! Our July/August issue's theme was on Nationalism, Icons, & Idolatry you can read it at this link http://baptistsforliberty.weebly.com/newsletter-archive/issue-31-julyaugust

Also we started the podcast back up in April, we're posting new episodes on Saturdays. You can listen to those on our-
Sound Cloud channel https://soundcloud.com/baptists-for-liberty
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvgbKBm-Nb0d91KjpGNU4Mg
and website http://baptistsforliberty.weebly.com/podcast-archive.html
We had Bro. Troy McGahan on the program this past Saturday, it's one of our most listened to episodes already!

For the months of September & October our theme will be Humility. Any article regarding humility, especially in regards to politics or daily application would be great.
"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." Proverbs 14:34
Andy Proctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Sister Works, I perused these links; they were uplifting and will be going back to them. I appreciate your labors in the Lord.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
2 Corinthians 13:14
JoannaWorks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bro. Proctor. Feed back is very rare so I really appreciate your encouraging words. Surprised
"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." Proverbs 14:34
JoannaWorks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject: September/October Reply with quote

Humility
Proverbs 16:19
http://baptistsforliberty.weebly.com/newsletter-archive/septemberoctober-2015
JoannaWorks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: 2016! Reply with quote

It is a new year and we've just published our 33rd issue of Baptists For Liberty.

We're very happy to announce a new member to our staff, columnist Sis. Sarah Doherty will be covering news from Ireland!

Since the establishment of this newsletter it has always been my goal to have staff writers & reporters producing original and unique columns. We still aren't quite where I would like to be on original content vs republished articles & sharing news stories from other sources. However, I am grateful God has provided the resources He has through out the entirety of this endeavor and trust that what we are able to offer is what He would have us to share at this point in time for each issue.

Thank you for your continued support.
sincerely, Joanna M. Works: Editor

Issue #33 January 2016
Theme: Sacrifice
Theme verse: "O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."
~ Psalm 51:15-17

http://baptistsforliberty.weebly.com/newsletter-archive/archives/01-2016

Content (Warning names of authors get repetitive, if you would like to help me with this *cough* "problem" *cough* I'm always looking for more sound writers.)

Sermon: “Immersed in Christ” by Bro. Todd Bryant, page 2
“I Am Looking For Sinners” by Bro. Curtis Pugh, page 3
“Well Done, Satan, Well Done” by Bro. Nathanial Hille, page 5
Law & Order: Stories Of A Broken System, page 8
A Militia Stand Off, page 8
Scripture for both sides: Conservation, page 11
March For Life, Planned Parent hood, & Activist Legal Trouble, page 11
“Father, Glorify Thy Name” by Bro. M.J. Seymour, Sr. page 12
State of The Culture War, page 13
Economy: Gas Prices & Other Crazy Numbers, page 14
Devotion: “Of Their Abundance” by Bro. Jeff Short, page 15
U.S. Presidential elections & Debates, page 16
“It Cannot Be Both Ways” by Bro. Curtis Pugh, page 17
Updates From Ireland: “Greetings” by Sis. Sarah Dorhety, page 17
World Politics, page 18
Devotion: “In Those Sacrifices There Is A Remembrance” by Bro. Jeff Short, page 19
“Substitution” by Bro. Todd Bryant, page 20
“The Effect Of Christ's Sacrifice” by Bro. Curtis Pugh, page 21
Devotion: Leviticus 1:8-9 by Bro. Jeff Short, page 22
Labor In Love –Leap Of Faith, page 23
“A Call To Fasting And Prayer” by Bro. Wm. Doyal Thomas, page 24
JoannaWorks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Issue #35! Reply with quote

Here we are at last, April/May 2016's issue Smile

http://baptistsforliberty.weebly.com/newsletter-archive/issue-35-aprilmay-2016

You'll find that we have more preachers on the Forum panel and a couple more writers. Bro. Blaine from The Lord's Baptist Church Tacoma, WA wrote on economics & Bro. Del Mundo who has been on our Forum for a while also wrote us an article on politics in the Philippines!

God bless your reading and please pray God will continue to bless and help as we keep growing & expanding BFL. Lord willing in June we'll have 5 NEW columns!
JoannaWorks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: June and July 2016!! Reply with quote

Our current issue is now up, you may read it on our website at this link http://baptistsforliberty.weebly.com/newsletter-archive/june-28th-2016
Please share us with a friend!

We've changed the layout a little bit by creating new graphic headings to go along with each of our regular columns. We hope this will complement new & older columns alike.

We have 4 new columns starting with THIS ISSUE!
Mr. Practical by Bro. Todd Bryant will be a study on practical application of our theme verse each issue,
In Health by Bro. John Fry D.C. will be covering health topics,
Missions Report by Bro. Wesley Massey covers news from mission works, their importance, and words of encouragement,
last but not least we also have Bible Jocks to cover sports related topics, this issue our brothers Troy Mcgahan & Mark Campbell wrote for us, in future issue we may have another contributor to this column.

A BIG shout out & thank you to Sis. Carol Huffman for writing an article by request on her journey as a parent dealing with vaccines & her children's health problems.

We're still bringing you a Sermon each issue, The Forum writers are ever amazing (we have a long time supporter first time Forum writer!!!), & Bro. Blaine Conzatti has continued on as our Bible Economics writer. Our Canada column has been renamed "Views from Canada" by Sis. Grace Brooks & Ireland column is "Letters From Ireland" by Sis. Sarah Dorherty.

In addition we still have quite a few contributing writers and some of our other columns may rotate as time to write, page space, and subjects allow.

Praying this will be a blessing, God bless.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions contact the editor at worksjoanna@yahoo.com or PM me here or comment here, that's always great too!

Love in Christ, Joanna
JoannaWorks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: October/November 2016 Reply with quote

Our theme this issue is Restoration & looking back, our verse is:
“Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not enquire wisely concerning this.”
~Ecclesiastes 7:10~

In This Issue:
Sermon: “Don’t Weep Now” by Bro. Jeff Short , page 2
“The State Of Man” by Bro. Donnie Burford, page 4
Forum: Restoration of the Creation, page 5
In Health: Pesticide And Produce by Bro. John Fry, page 7
Biblical Economics: Delaying Marriage Hurts Men & Families by Bro. Blaine Conzatti, page 7
Mr. Practical: Living in the Past, by Bro. Todd Bryant page 8
"A Conservative Legacy: Reagan" by Sis. Joanna Works, page 10
"The Election: Theirs or Yours" by Bro. Donnie Burford, page 12
"The Christian Voter’s Guide" by Bro. Jeff Short, page 12
Historical marker: Intercessory Prayer by C. H. Spurgeon, page 17
Views From Canada: The Commonwealth of Nations, by Sis. Grace Brooks, page 23
Bible Jocks: What has changed in sports? by Bro. Troy McGahan & Mark Campbell, page 24
"The Grace To Restore" by Bro. M. J. Seymour, Sr. page 25

http://baptistsforliberty.weebly.com/newsletter-archive/octobernovember-2016
JoannaWorks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Issue #41 Reply with quote

Here's the link to our latest issue, God bless

http://baptistsforliberty.weebly.com/newsletter-archive/febmarch-2017
JoannaWorks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: We made it to 5 years!! Reply with quote

Woot!

Sorry I haven't been updating here, but yes Baptists For Liberty is still chugging along in case anyone was wondering. Here's our 44th issue-

http://baptistsforliberty.weebly.com/newsletter-archive/issue-44-its-our-5-year-anniversary

Cool Worked on the news segments & laying-out the final few articles all day, my brain is toast.

Happy LORD's Day tomorrow!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> News of Interest All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: