SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bro. Jimmie Hobbs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Good visit today Reply with quote

James Hobbs, Jr
c/o Best Care Nursing & Rehab
2159 Dogwood Ridge Rd
Room #72
Wheelersburg, OH 45694

Great idea, Sis.Charlotte!

He'll be here at least a week or so until they figure out which hospital can do the surgery in the area. Jimmy has a couple of names from some St.Mary's surgeons that Bro.John Fry gave him, so he's leaning that way.

He told me he needs a couple of days to get things settled and moving in the right direction. This rehab place is a good place for him to be able to do that. It's close enough for local visitors and family, etc...

Keep his mom, Sis.Wilma Hobbs in your prayers also. She's still in the hospital after congestive heart failure over the weekend. She at SOMC in Portsmouth, OH... What a wonderful lady she is...! Even if she did raise Bro.Jimmy.... she can't be blamed for how he turned out...! <grin>

Fear Him!

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Brother Matt for sharing Brother Jimmy's address with us. We will try to get something in the mail tomorrow for him.
We will continue to pray for Sister Wilma as well. She has been such a blessing to so many over the years.
You are correct. She can't be blamed for how Bro. Jimmy turned out. I would say that blame would go to his sisters. Laughing
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Pray hard and harder...! Reply with quote

Update on Bro.Jimmy...

He has been in St.Mary's Hospital in Huntington, WVa for the last couple of weeks. His spine burst through his back about four weeks ago, and until being moved to St.Mary's, the docs have pretty much done nothing.

This appalling indecision and lack of direction for Jimmy's health was the reason for his relocation. The staff here at St.Mary's has made him a priority and have taken care of the wound (basically a hole in his back about the size of a man's fist!), by covering it with a flap of muscle and have installed a wound vacuum to keep infection at bay.

For the next three weeks, Jimmy will be in the Skilled Nursing section of St.Mary's (Cornerstone Rehab) and they will be monitoring his ability to have the necessary back surgery to get him back on his feet. Obviously, it's gonna be a long road to recovery after having been off his feet, flat on his back for most of two months.

Right now, he has very little feeling in his legs (a blessing for the pain, but not good for walking future) and cannot really do more than wiggle them with his muscles and damaged nervous (spinal) system.

Please CONTINUE to pray, as you have, for Bro.Jimmy's recovery. It's nice for me to have him in my backyard, but it's still about an hour for his folks to visit, and with his Mom just getting home from the hospital Monday (and still very weak), it is difficult for them to visit him thus far.

If you live in the area, please take the time to drop in and visit. It's tough to be invalid for this long and not lose your mind... In Jimmy's case, his mind was already gone, but that's beside the point...! <grin>

LORD bless us all...

Fear Him!

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Contact info... Reply with quote

Cornerstone Hospital of Huntington
c/o James Hobbs, Jr- Room #9
2900 First Avenue, Two East
Huntington, WV 25702
(304) 399-2600

This is where one could send him a card or a Porterhouse Steak...

Fear Him!

Becky Stepp
Forum Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:11 am    Post subject: Way to go...! Praise God! Reply with quote

Bro.Jimmy is doing much better with the Osteomylitis. With the infection going down, the spinal cord is now responsive (a two way street, with more pain, also!)...

Therapy has resumed and accelerated a bit and St.Mary's is moving him to a Wheelersburg Rehab for the next couple of weeks to get Jimmy on his feet again, LORD willing...

Keep praying and I'll get the contact info out as soon as I get it...

Praise the LORD!

Fear Him!

Psalms 5:8- "Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face."
JoannaWorks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the update Sis. Step.
"Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people." Proverbs 14:34
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Jimmy's new temporary address Reply with quote

Concord Health & Rehab Center
1242 Crescent Drive
Wheelersburg, OH 45694

740-574-8441

Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: 10 months later... Reply with quote

It was last June, 2014 when Bro.Jimmy fell in his home and was taken by EMT's to the hospital. It was later diagnosed as the osteomyelitis we've prayed for and the LORD has removed by His Marvelous Grace.

Since that time, Bro.Jimmy has bounced around from 3 different hospitals and 4 different nursing homes/rehab locales. He finally was able to go home last Thursday...! Walking with a walker and moving around the house with a wheelchair.

BUT... it was not to be, for him to finish his rehab at home with Home Health coming in. Before he even got settled in, he fell on last Saturday and we had to call 911 to get him to the Emergency room at Portsmouth, OH. They transferred him up to Riverside Methodist in Columbus, where Jimmy's resident back surgeon is. They are taking x-rays, tests, etc to determine the extent of the damage this time.

Please pray that this is but a temporary set-back and that God's will might be for him to get into a skilled nursing rehab that will actually get him the therapy that he needs to get back on his own again.

This has really been the problem the last few months. The Concord facility just wouldn't (or couldn't) give him the advanced therapy that he needed. My Dad's therapists, after both strokes, took him to the limit to make sure that he could do the necessary things to be semi-independent. Things like getting dressed, using the bathroom, climbing a few steps, getting in/out of cars, navigating curbs, inclines, etc. Jimmy's not gotten ANY of that at Concord. So pray that God will provide a good therapy environment for him and a quick, steady progress...

That's if there's no permanent damage done by the latest fall...! Pray for God's Grace there fervently!!!

God bless our buddy... Fear Him!

Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Brother Matt for the update on Brother Jimmy. We will continue to pray for this dear brother.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: praise the LORD... Reply with quote

Steve McCool wrote:
Thank you Brother Matt for the update on Brother Jimmy. We will continue to pray for this dear brother.

I am praising the LORD, for everyone's prayers and our LORD'S answers to the prayers.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers an tell you the result of above said prayers Wink

Before I tell of the results, I want to throw a clue about my first devotion, prayerfully will be monday, LORD willing. The LORD gave me many thoughts for devotions when I was laying on my back since June 30, 2014.
Monday's devotion should be-LEARNING TO PRAY? WHAT TO SAY?

First thank GOD for my christian friends and family. I am at home:-) Bro. Matt brought me home yesterday. 2 weeks ago yesterday, I had back surgery, and was in PT/OT, strengthening my legs and back. That was what was wrong a year ago, but was discovered by one of the best neuro-surgeons in the country and possibly the whole world. He wouldn't do the surgery, being a christian, because when he found out my surgeon was 4 hours away, he sent another Dr. in to tell me he didn't take other doctor's patients and sent me on a 4 hr. EMT drive to Columbus, Oh. from Huntington, W.Va.
I will finish this tomorrow LORD willing. Wink

--------------------------------
" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: More trials and tribulations Reply with quote

Jimmy's back in the hospital...

...this time with a bleeding ulcer. He'd been weak and dehydrated for a few days and started bleeding in the bathroom. So they've got him again...

Please pray for God's Mercies on this dear fellow...

Fear Him!

Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Another day of fasting... Reply with quote

Bro.Jimmy's in Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus again. This time, LORD willing, they will take care of the problem, rather than the symptoms (of his swelling in the legs).

It was diagnosed at St.Mary's back in September and the Columbus surgeon wouldn't do anything until Jimmy scheduled (this) appointment. So now they'll be running tests and LORD willing, moving on to the necessary surgery of fixing the sciatic nerve that was compromised during the last surgery (we think)...

They're starving him today, so that's a good sign that they expect to do surgery soon...

Please pray fervently! Surgery is so dangerous around the back and brain and really anywhere. We get so used to Successful surgeries, that we forget that God is the source of ANY success, the doctors are merely the tools He uses...

To God be the Glory for anything that is accomplished in ours and Bro.Jimmy's lives...

Fear Him!

Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Praying WILL work! Let's DO it...! Reply with quote

Please continue praying for Bro.Jimmy! He was taken to the ER again last night for swelling in the legs. They didn't admit him and he got home close to midnight, but please pray that they'll find some answers from the tests.

I came to this post to see how long ago we'd posted. October! And they still haven't solved the problem yet, just been treating symptoms, evidently...

We love you, Bro.Jim! Hope you're feeling better today... that swelling and burning feeling is awful... Please LORD, give our brother relief today...

Fear Him!

Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bro. Matt for the update on Bro. Jimmy. I will be praying for him.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Praying WILL work! Let's DO it...! Reply with quote

Matthew Stepp wrote:
Please continue praying for Bro.Jimmy! He was taken to the ER again last night for swelling in the legs. They didn't admit him and he got home close to midnight, but please pray that they'll find some answers from the tests.

I came to this post to see how long ago we'd posted. October! And they still haven't solved the problem yet, just been treating symptoms, evidently...

We love you, Bro.Jim! Hope you're feeling better today... that swelling and burning feeling is awful... Please LORD, give our brother relief today...

Fear Him!

Thank you for the prayers. They took nearly 30# of fluid off my lower back and legs in the last 3 day, and almost dehydarated me, but am praying they found the source of the problem and it will stay off. My surgeon thinks it was just the fluid or swelling putting pressure on the lower back and extremities nerves, but is watching it closely. Praise the LORD, I am back home.

--------------------------------
" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: