SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Washington Illinois

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonShults
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Washington Illinois Reply with quote

Your prayers are appreciated. The tornado hit while we were in church service and we moved everyone downstairs. It did not hit the church so all were safe.

We do have at least two members who have lost their homes with nothing recognizable left. (One has an RV in their basement). Other church members with damage. No one with serious injuries.

At this point, the city is blocked off and nobody (not even residents) are being allowed to enter. Pastor McCoskey, another church member and myself hiked through the woods with chainsaws in order to clear the driveway of one member so they could get out of town.

It's frightening to think about localized devastation. It certainly puts the Philippines' storm into perspective. Pray for them ... and us too ... and that the Lord will use Beverly Manor Baptist Church as a tool for His will.
wtbryant
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having gone through the tornado here in Tuscaloosa a few years back (though it seems like yesterday), our heart goes out to you. Lives will forever be changed for sure. The attitude in this town is still different any time somebody mentions the storms. I've never seen such devastation.

All that said, I have heard numerous accounts of God's faitfulness throughout the "tragedy" and I rejoice that only He can bring a good thing out of a bad thing.

We'll be praying for you guys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Matthew Stepp
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Earthquakes in diverse places... Reply with quote

Praying still that all are stayed by the Grace of God...

Is there something that other churches can help out with, Bro.Jason?

Let us know...!

Fear Him who has Power over the Storms of Life...

Jeremiah 31:3- "The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
Myrtis Caudill
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The minute we heard about the storm there in Washington, we were praying for all of you. So thankful to hear that everyone is okay as far as not being hurt. Praying for the families who lost everything. I cannot even imagine. So heartbreaking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: