SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King's Addition Baptist Mission report for July 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: King's Addition Baptist Mission report for July 2013 Reply with quote

Kings Addition Baptist Mission
Fort Smith, Northwest Territories, Canada
A Mission work of
Kings Addition Baptist Church
South Shore, Kentucky

Dear Churches and Friends,
“Grace be to you, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.”
Praise the Lord! We had a very busy month of July. On July 4th we flew to the Mission in Fort Smith. What blessing this was. The Mission Members were such a blessing to us. We had some sweet fellowship and wonderful times worshiping together. We were well taken care of by the Lord's people there.
The repairs to the Mission property are going well and the new sign for the front of the property should be finished soon. I had time to look through Brother Wayne Mowris' collection of books. Wow! What a collection! What a blessing it is that the Lord gave Brother Wayne the means to leave behind a house and a place for worship for the Mission. Our prayer is that the Lord moves us there soon.
Our trip was from July 4th-July13th. We were in Fort Smith the 5th-12th. This was a great fact finding mission for us. My wife was able to see the house and get some idea of what we will need to move with us and what we can leave behind. It also gave her the opportunity to see the cost of living there. We can buy a months worth of groceries here for what we would spend in a week there. Also gasoline is around $5.00 a gallon there. Pretty much everything is higher in price there than here. For example; a large pizza at a locally owned restaurant there cost about $20.00. Here we pay $5-$10 depending on where you go. So we will not be eating out very often there.
They were having the warmest weather anyone could remember while we were there. The highs were 88-92 F. The lows 55-58 F. The last night we were there a cold front came through with rain. The high the day we left was 48 F. Most of the time we were there the clouds were full of smoke. There were several forest fires in the area.
All in all it was a blessing from the Lord for us to make this trip. We see now that we are going to need about $4000.00 in monthly support so we have lots of work to do.
On July 21st we went to Fort Worth, TX and I preached for the Landmark Sovereign Grace Baptist Church. Their Pastor Brother Kelley Hinson was out of town and asked me to fill in for him. These folks are always a blessing to be with.
On July 27th we drove to Tulsa, OK. That night we met with Brother Jeremiah Blasi and his wife and children for supper. What a blessing this was. Brother Blasi is the Pastor of Grace Missionary Baptist Church in Wagoner, OK. Brother Blasi provided me with some names of churches and pastors I need to call.
On July 28th we met with the Missionary Baptist Church of Tulsa, OK. Brother David O'Neal is their Pastor. I preached in the morning service. We had a wonderful home cooked meal in the fellowship hall then returned to the afternoon service where I presented the Canada Mission work to the Church.
Looks like the month of August is going to be busy as well. I have been calling some churches when I can and lining out dates to go speak. I praise the Lord for everyone he opens the door for us to go visit.
If you have any questions about our recent trip to Canada please feel free to ask. There is way more than I could tell in this letter.

Brother Steve, Sister Kim and Sister Janna McCool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: