SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pray for my Father James E. Hobbs, Sr.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Pray for my Father James E. Hobbs, Sr. Reply with quote

My father has been in severe pain in his stomach since this weekend or before and tried treating it OTC, which just irritated a serious condition. His Appendixs ruptured 2-3 days ago, and he had emergency surgery last night. He was talking when Bro. Doug and me went to see him after services, but has to stay in the hospital several days more until the poison leaves his body. Dear friends he is over 80 years old and this wasn't easy on him, so I covet your sincere prayers for his recovery. Also, remember mom as she isn't in good health and this has taken a toll on her as well. She is still on the walker and can't get around very good.

--------------------------------
" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
dheuer
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Prayers Reply with quote

Bro Jim we will certainly lift your whole family up in prayer!

Galatians 5:14 "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
Steve McCool
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will continue to pray for Bro. and Sis. Hobbs.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: thank you.... Reply with quote

Steve McCool wrote:
We will continue to pray for Bro. and Sis. Hobbs.

Thank you Bro. Doug and Bro. Steve.....Please keep the prayers going up, as I went to see him before services tonight and he seemed very confused and didn't look well at all. GOD can raise him back up, if it's in his devine will, and please utter the prayers upward for my father.

" Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need"...Hebrews 4:16
Andy Proctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are praying for your Dad. We hope he and your Mom can make a full recovery soon Smile
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.
2 Corinthians 13:14
Myrtis Caudill
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been praying and will continue. Please make sure your mom rests also. I know this is hard on everyone.
jlreynolds
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother Jim,
Please give our loved to your dear father.
I haven't seen him since Brother John Lennegar's funeral.
We continue to seek the Lord's blessing on him and your mother.
James
RP_McLellan
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praying for Brother Hobbs especially but for you all as you go through this with him. Please keep us updated!
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: thank you.... Reply with quote

RP_McLellan wrote:
Praying for Brother Hobbs especially but for you all as you go through this with him. Please keep us updated!

I want to thank each and everyone that is praying for my father. I have a breif update now, and am going to see him shortly and will add a better update later.

They took the tubes out of his nose that was draining the infection, and was going to let him have some food. He hasn't ate since this passed monday. I don't know how this went as of yet, but will update as soon as I get the information. Thanks again Dear BRO.'s & SIS.'s for your sincere prayers for my father.

jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: update..... Reply with quote

I want to thank everyone that has been praying and loves my father. Bro. Matt and I had breakfast yesterday morning then went to the hospital, and they had stat tests run, because the thinking of the Dr. was, that my father had more infection and they may have to go back into the surgery site....but praise the LORD....the tests came back ok, and it seems he will be dismissed to go home this afternoon. Please pray for mom and my sisters as they try to take care of him. He is able to mobilise and walk with a walker, but is unsteady. Thank you Bro. Matt for the fellowship, praying, and paying for breakfast Shocked <---only bad thing about that when we meet the next time in May, if not before, I have to buy. But no worries I kinda like the fellowship. Wink

Thanks again for EVERYONES prayers.

jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: update..... Reply with quote

My Father had to have his incision reopened the other day and drained, because it isn't healing right, so he is weak and sore, so we covet your prayers for my father.

jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: pray..... Reply with quote

We covet your prayers for our pastor, as he had to have his incision opened again and have wound vacuum inserted in the wound. He is doing as well as can be considered, considering what he has went through in the last few weeks.

jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: what an improvement..... Reply with quote

I saw our pastor this AM and he looks a lot better. PRAISE THE LORD. I ask you to continue to pray for him. He is going to try to attend church tomorrow. Wink

Myrtis Caudill
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So thankful to hear that he is doing better. The Lord is Good.
jhobbsjr
Forum Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: thank you.... Reply with quote

Myrtis Caudill wrote:
So thankful to hear that he is doing better. The Lord is Good.

Thank you Sis. Myrtis, he has new tech. wound vac, and hopefully it will cause speedier recovery than the older big ones. It is the size of a hand held Phone. I thank everyone for their gracious prayers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Prayer Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: