SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Virginia Mission Report for May 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Lawrence
Average Member

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: West Virginia Mission Report for May 2012 Reply with quote

Bro. Jeff Lawrence
Missionary To Buckhannon, West Virginia

Sending Church
Little Sewell Baptist Church
P.O. Box 642
Rainelle, WV 25962

Home Address
32 Vicksburg Rd
Buckhannon, WV 26201
Home: 304-460-2614
Cell: 731-514-3444
email: baptistinoz@yahoo.com.au

Dear Christian Friends, 1 May 2012

Greetings once again from the hills of West Virginia. We have had a wild Spring so far with hot days, snowy days, cold days and rainy days. One day you need a heavy coat the next day you are burning up. We do pray that this weather will moderate soon.
The past two months have seen some wonderful changes to my schedule. Since the end of March I have only been to Little Sewell once and that was to perform a baptism for a young girl who was saved back earlier in March. We have been able to find fill in preachers for some services and at other times the church has been considering a man to be their Pastor. Bro. Ray Sexton has been coming up to Little Sewell for several of the Sunday and Thursday night services and the church really took to him quickly. So I am pleased to announce that on April 29, 2012 Little Sewell Baptist Church called Bro. Ray Sexton as her Pastor and he has accepted. We are so thankful for the Lordís blessings. What an exciting time for this church. As many of you know, I ended up taking this church as Interim Pastor to help with some problems that developed after their former Pastor resigned. It took some time and prayer, but the church came together, put their problems behind them and worked to move forward in their service to God. I cannot begin to say what a blessing it was to see God at work in their midst mending hearts, resolving differences and strengthening the church in love. Continue to pray for them as they move into this next exciting phase of getting settled under a new Pastor.
Here in Buckhannon, we have enjoyed being able to hold services each Sunday morning once again. Our attendance is holding steady, though their has been a bit of a decline in the last couple weeks. One lady who has been attending has stopped coming, a couple of the church members have talked to her as well as myself and she makes excuses for not coming and says she will see if she can make it soon. Pray that the Lord might move in her heart and grant salvation so that she will have a desire to attend and not be hindered by every little thing.
On a happier note, now that our home church has been able to call a Pastor, we will be scheduling an organizational service for the mission work in June. As it stands now, we will organize on June 9, 2012. Everyone is invited and we hope to have a house full that day. It is not every day that we see a new church come into existence, so pray for us as we begin this new walk with our Lord and Savior.
Our family has been getting along just fine with very little sicknesses so far this year. It is a blessing to be healthy. The children are looking forward to Summer and being out of school and I have been looking for work. I am attending a truck driving school to get my CDL license. I hope to finish that up soon. Pray for me as I look for work.
We continue to be thankful to each of you who send offerings our way and we appreciate your willingness to support home missions. Please continue to pray that the Lord would bless this work here and that He would be honored and glorified in it.

By Grace Alone,

Bro. Jeff, Patti, Sydney, Garrett, Ethan, Connor and Chloe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: