SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Virginia Mission Report Sept 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Lawrence
Average Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: West Virginia Mission Report Sept 2011 Reply with quote

Bro. Jeff Lawrence
Missionary To Buckhannon, West Virginia

Sending ChurchLittle Sewell Baptist Church
P.O. Box 642
Rainelle, WV 25962-0642

Home Address32 Vicksburg Rd
Buckhannon, WV 26201
Home: 304-460-2614
Cell: 731-514-3444
email: baptistinoz@yahoo.com.au
Dear Christian Friends, 2 Sept 11

We send you Christian greetings from West Virginia. It is hard to believe that the Summer is just about over. I canít say that I am looking forward to Winter, but the seasons must come whether I look forward to them or not.
I have some great news to report to you from the mission work in Buckhannon. As you have seen in some of my previous mission letters, we have been in need of a new roof on our church building. The mission had sent out a letter a couple months ago expressing that need and the response has been overwhelming. We estimated the cost of the new roof would be around $10,000 dollars and we made that need known, the Lord blessed greatly through His churches and we received over $16,000 for the roof repair. We never expected to get so much money so quickly. We were hoping to have enough to complete the repair before Winter, but with the generosity of Lordís Churches we received more than enough and have already had the roof replaced.
After we had received all we had asked for I contacted several churches who gave after the full amount was received and asked if I should return their checks, without exception each church said to use the money for any other project we might need it on. Well, that is exactly what we did. We had not said anything to anyone about the vacate lot next to the church coming up for sale. We began negotiating on it after the letter for the roof went out. We had a set price of $4000 that we were praying about, then when the extra money came in, the Lord moved the heart of the property owner and we got the property next to us for the $4000 dollars we were shooting for. I want to thank each church that helped us. Through you, the Lord did more than we ever thought. We not only have a new roof on our building, but we also were able to purchase the land next door. Thank you all very much. To add to our joy of a new roof and the vacate land next door, we have been having a visitor from the homes surrounding the church attend our services for several weeks in a row. We are all so very encouraged by what the Lord is doing here in Buckhannon.
As the case is when any good news comes, shortly after bad news follows. I must report that our home church has not been able to call a Pastor. The church has gone through some difficulties that has caused some to leave the church and these difficulties have left the church injured and reeling from its looses. As a member of our home church I asked to come down and preach for them on a Sunday and then have a meeting with the remaining men to offer advise and assistance as was needed. It was decided in that meeting that to help stabilize the church, I would be voted in as Interim Pastor. I made it clear to the men of the church that I was not interested in becoming the full time Pastor of the church, but that I would take the church for a while to provide leadership and stabilization until they were able to call a man to become their Pastor. When a flock is without a Shepherd often times Satan has a field day and does all he can to destroy the church. I ask that you pray with us for the stability of Little Sewell and that soon she would be back in a position to consider a qualified man of God to lead this church permanently. At present I am conducting Sunday morning services at Little Sewell and Sunday night services at Buckhannon. Pray for me as I try to help the Lordís churches. Please note the change of address for our home church and send all correspondence and support accordingly.
On a happier note I am glad to report that Maranatha Baptist Church in New Baltimore, OH has been doing very well and I believe is well on their way to calling a pastor very soon. They have needed me less and less this past month and as I told them I was glad to work myself out of a job. I have been very encouraged by their attitude and willingness to persevere in a search for the right man to lead that flock. They are a great church who I have grown to love more and more over the last few months.
As always, we thank you all for your support in finances and in prayers and we ask that you continue to lift us up before the Lord as we serve Him here in the Mountains of West Virginia.

By His Grace Alone,

Bro. Jeff, Patti, Savannah, Sydney, Garrett, Ethan, Connor and Chloe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: