SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Virginia Mission Report March 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Lawrence
Average Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: West Virginia Mission Report March 2011 Reply with quote

Bro. Jeff Lawrence
Missionary To Buckhannon, West Virginia

Sending Church
Little Sewell Baptist Church
HC 83 Box 513
Rainelle, WV 25962
304-661-5414

Home Address32 Vicksburg Rd
Buckhannon, WV 26201
Home: 304-460-2614
Cell: 731-514-3444
email: baptistinoz@yahoo.com.au
Dear Christian Friends, 7 March 11

Greetings in the precious name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Spring is in the air. Sorta. Yesterday we got about four or five inches of snow unexpectedly. Thankfully the roadways were warm enough that nothing really stuck to the roads. Yesterday was a Sunday, but we were still able to have services. The Lord has blessed this whole Winter with us not having to cancel services on a Sunday at all. We did have to cancel a couple Wednesday night services because of bad weather, but thankfully not a Sunday. With Spring upon us we are looking forward to a more active church life. We have scheduled a fellowship meeting here at the church in April and plan on having four speakers for the day. We are also looking into a radio program and perhaps even airing our services on a local cable channel. All of this will depend on price, but we are praying we will be able to expand our ministry in some capacity this spring.

We have had to say good bye to a church member since our last letter. Bro. Victor Fees job ended in Morgantown and the nature of his work causes him to have to move frequently. Victor wasnít a member here very long, but we knew the nature of his job would cause him to have to move eventually. Bro. Victor has moved to Nashville, TN and we have given him the names of a couple churches in the Clarksville area and we are sure that where ever the Lord would have him join he will be a blessing and an asset to them as he has been to us. In a small church it is always noticeable when someone leaves your assembly, however we trust that the Lord does all things well and pray that He might add others to us in His time.

This Winter has been hard on our family. We have had several rounds with sicknesses and are currently still trying to get the children over an upper respiratory infection. It seems the coughing never stops in the house and I canít wait for warm enough weather to send the kids outside and not have us all cooped up together passing around germs. A couple weeks ago I came down with the same upper respiratory infection that the kids had but mine got worse and turned into pneumonia. I was very sick for a few days and had great difficulty breathing. The infection caused my asthma to act up and so I was being hit pretty hard with breathing problems. Thankfully the Lord used our modern medical system and rest to get me over that bug and I am doing much better. I am still on the lookout for a job. I have applied to dozens of places and canít even get a job as a janitor. This just proves how tight a job market we are in right now. Perhaps in another few months things will open up a bit and I will find work. Until then we thank all the churches who have sent special offerings and regular support. Your generosity has helped us through some hard times financially.

We will close now by asking that you continue to pray for our work here in West Virginia, I feel the Lordís return is very near and we want to be found faithful at his coming.

By Grace,

Bro. Jeff, Patti, Savannah, Sydney, Garrett, Ethan, Connor and Chloe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: