SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com
(The views and opinions expressed here are the views of the members and do not necessarily reflect the view of the Sovereign Grace Baptist Church in Northport, AL)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Virginia Mission Report January 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Lawrence
Average Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: West Virginia Mission Report January 2011 Reply with quote

Bro. Jeff Lawrence
Missionary To Buckhannon, West Virginia

Sending ChurchLittle Sewell Baptist Church
HC 83 Box 513
Rainelle, WV 25962
304-661-5414

Home Address
32 Vicksburg Rd
Buckhannon, WV 26201
Home: 304-460-2614
Cell: 731-514-3444
email: baptistinoz@yahoo.com.au

Dear Christian Friends, 7 Jan 10

Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. We pray this letter finds you all well and thankful for this New Year. Our Lord has been good to us throughout this past year. We have now been back in America for just over a year and in some ways it feels like I just left Australia yesterday and in other ways it seems like a dream that I once had that I was even there. It is funny how time works and how it changes so many things except for our Saviour who is the same yesterday, today and forever.

The Lawrence household is suffering through a prolonged period of sickness in the family. We have had lots of snow so far this Winter and it has caused us to remain indoors for a good bit of time. With the close proximity to one another we have experience three rounds of strep throat. Everyone in the house has been sick except for one kid and some of the children have even had strep two times. This has been going on for about a month now and each time that we think we have every body over it, someone starts running a fever again. We have followed all the doctor’s instructions and yet this bug continues to reek havoc in our home. We would appreciate your prayers in this matter as we are very tired of having sickness.

The work here in Buckhannon continues to go well. The snow we have had has not caused us to cancel services yet, but we have had a couple occasions where we had shorter services due to bad weather. The folks here in the mountains are pretty used to snow and everyone has four wheel drives so the snow has to get pretty deep for us to cancel. Attendance has not been up to the level of previous months but sickness and weather has kept some in. Overall everyone seems encouraged and we pray as the weather breaks toward spring our attendance may pick up as well.

We continue to post audio messages on our Facebook page and have become much more proficient at both uploading messages and copying messages on CD. I have learned to get 10 or 12 messages on one CD and this is a great help and blessing as it cuts down on the need to make so many copies. I still mail out copies of our messages on CD to a lady in our area. We are thankful for an opportunity to reach those who are not able to attend due to illness.

For those of you who still support us we thank you for the financial help and you will never know what a blessing to us it is. I have been looking for work for the last few months to help meet family obligations, but as of yet I have not been employed. I have gone for two interviews and turned down one job because it required me to be away on Sundays. Pray for me as I look for work in this difficult economy.

By His Grace Alone,

Bro. Jeff, Patti, Savannah, Sydney, Garrett, Ethan, Connor and Chloe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SovereignGraceBaptistForum.com Forum Index -> Mission Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: